The Molecules - New York Then South Tour

  • ronco008
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2013

      A concert with The Molecules is a rare occurrence; in August they preformed in LA, San Diego, Oakland, CA, last November at John Zorn’s club the Stone in NYC, but before that the last time they performed was at the Music Unlimited Festival in Wels, Austria in 2007. Since that time Ron Anderson has been entrenched in the New York Music scene. Time Out New York said “"Ron Anderson is among the lifers forming the vital backbone of the NYC new-music scene."  Recently, Ron has been engaged with a number of projects including: a CD release on Tzadik’s composer series, a five-week European tour with his band PAK, and a just-released CD with Weasel Walter and Chris Pitsiokos called Maximalism. He has also been busy as a curator with a two week series at the Stone and a series of concerts at JACK - Brooklyn’s newest hotspot for avant-music.

      Ron’s co-conspirators in The Molecules are two of the most innovative musicians ever to come out of the Bay Area; John Shiurba (bass) and Thomas Scandura (drums) are both composers and improvisers with many projects who have performed with Fred Firth, Anthony Braxton, Carla Kihlstedt and the Merce Cunningham Dance Company.

      “Around 1990 there where very few bands in the world doing what the Molecules were doing. The idea was to take all the music that we liked and try to do something new. Free jazz and improvisation, punk and hardcore, prog-rock, performance art, twentieth century classical music. Some people called the music we made no-fi, some called it free rock, prog-punk, avant-rock, some people just called it shit. The basic ideas: take highbrow art and make it lowbrow, make it ugly, make it "rock", make it not "rock", play beyond our limitations, make it wrong” – Ron Anderson

      Friday, September 27th, 2013
      Experi-Mental Festival 5 @ Goodbye Blue Monday
      The Molecules
      1087 Broadway Brooklyn NY
      This will be our first concert of the East Coast tour.
      We will be performing new compositions, old favorites and a few songs from the PAK catalog. http://www.alrealon.co.uk/ExperiMENTALFestival5

      Saturday, September 28th, 2013
      Kung Fu Necktie
      The Molecules - 8PM
      1248 N Front St Philadelphia PA
      The Molecules with Pyramid Minds an improvisational group with ambient, minimal, and trance tendencies, led by Jeff Daniels (Burden, Blackest Lava), "The Moo Noo", and Travis Woodson (Split Red, Electric Simcha). And Superlith - Trombonist Dan Blacksberg (who has performed with Anthony Braxton Quartet and Archer Spade with Nick Millevoi) and Casio keyboard modifier Julius Masri (Electric Simcha, Avant-rock band Lionshead, and Chakra Khan/Air Pirates also with Millevoi) formed Superlith, an experimental musical duo based out of Philadelphia.

      Sunday, September 29th, 2013
      The Red Room
      The Molecules
      425 E. 31st Street Baltimore MD
      The Molecules love Baltimore! Not sure what Baltimore thinks of us, but the vibe of the city fits us like a glove. With Imaginary Friends (Mike Allender on Ekdahl Polymgamist)

      Monday, September 30th, 2013
      Howler's Coyote Cafe
      The Molecules - 9pm
      4590 Liberty Ave Pittsburgh PA
      We will performing with the great Microwaves. they did a gig with PAK many years ago and we love them! https://www.facebook.com/pages/MICROWAVES/71654974604

      Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
      Haymarket Whiskey Bar
      The Molecules
      331 E. Market St Louisville KY
      It was 16 years ago that we last played in Louisville. Once again we are very happy to be playing with our friends in Ut Gret. www.utgret.net

      Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
      Apothecary
      The Molecules
      39b S Market St Asheville NC 28801
      With Kreamy Lectric Santa.

      Thursday, October 3rd, 2013
      Barking Legs Theater
      The Molecules - 8:00pm
      1307 Dodds Ave Chattanooga TN
      with Korybantes (Evan Lipson Bob Stagner Rick Weaver)
      and Red Okra King

      Friday, October 4th, 2013
      Sonic Circuits Festival @ Atlas Performing Arts Center
      The Molecules @ Sonic Circuits Festival - 7pm-11:30pm
      1333 H Street NE Washington DC
      Sonic Circuits Festival is an annual six day international music festival held in Washington, DC. Sonic Circuits seeks to expose audiences to cutting edge contemporary music that defies genres, and offer artists new platforms to present their music and opportunities to network and collaborate with artists from around the world. http://dc-soniccircuits.org

      For sale during the tour many of RA's rare and hard to find CDs and vinyl all at special tour prices bring some extra cash.

      - See more at: www.ronanderson-molecules.com

      We need your help!

      Much of our promotion is word of mouth.  Please tell your friends, re-post on facebook, if you know someone who lives in one of the cites that we are playing at please send them an email. "Like" The Molecules on facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheMolecules  Thank you for supporting independent music.