Deep Cuts 9 - New Nik Turner (Ex Hawkwind), New Miriodor + Interview, Levin Minnemann Rudess, Rush BODY:

  • Ian Beabout
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 2013
      Hello everyone …

      Specializing in rare cuts by classic and modern bands, Prog Rock Deep Cuts promises to match the obscure with the new and fresh. Intelligent, emotional, and visceral classic to modern progressive rock broadcasted live every Thursday from 7-10 pm EST on www.progrock.com.
      Tonight, we will be airing an exclusive interview with Rock in Opposition band Miriodor as well as cuts from their upcoming album, Cobra Fakir.  In addition to this, we will also be featuring cuts from Space Gypsy, the new record from ex-Hawkwind windsman Nik Turner, in anticipation of its release on September 24th. Also, we will be celebrating Neil Peart's birthday (Rush) with a very special, rarely played track which demonstrates his early drumming prowess, as well as tracks from Marbin's The Last Chapter of Dreaming - a bluesy fusion band sporting incredible electric guitar and saxophone interplay, and some obscure Steven Wilson from the late 90's. Tune in for all of this and much more!
      Also, if you missed our exclusive interview with Riza Arshad of simakDialog, you can listen to it here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=NsmGG4GeQOE
      Lastly, I'd like to share two videos I took of Thank You Scientist at ProgDay 2013.
      "I Am the Walrus" (Cover) - http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=fEM8OzW3F90
      "Suspicious Waveforms" (Excerpt) - http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=EjlFjXaYVjI
      http://www.thankyouscientist. net/store/
      If you are a band and are interested in submitting your music for consideration, please send a press kit to:
      Prog Rock Deep Cuts with Ian Beabout
      PO Box 6120
      Wheeling WV, 26003
      And for tonight's show...

      Press Contact: progrockdeepcuts@...

      Our Blog: http http://zombywoofblog. wordpress.com/

      Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ ProgRockDeepCuts

      Last week's Setlist:
      1. 21 - echolyn (Suffocating the Bloom)
      2. Don't Land on Me - Knifeworld
      From the album Amused to Death by Roger Waters:
      3. What God Wants, Part 1
      4. Perfect Sense, Part 1
      5. Perfect Sense, Part 2
      6. The Bravery of Being out of Range
      7. Message from Uncle Stan: Green House - Mahogany Frog (Senna)
      8. Arrakis - Dun (Eros)
      9. Velvet Green (Live) - Jethro Tull (20 Years of Jethro Tull)
      From the album Angel's Egg by Gong:
      10. Oily Way
      11. Outer Temple
      12. Inner Temple
      From the album The 6th Story by simakDialog:
      13. What Would I Say?
      14. For Once and Never
      15. One More Red Nightmare - King Crimson (Red)
      16. Burden of Proof - The Soft Machine Legacy (Burden of Proof)
      17. 27 - Out of the Beardspace (Out of the Beardspace)
      From the album Over-nite Sensation (2012 Remaster) by Frank Zappa:
      18. Zomby Woof
      19. 50/50
      20. Your Slime is on Fire - Dweezil Zappa (Live in the Moment)
      21. Goblin - Goblin (Roller)
      22. Suspicious Waveforms - Thank You Scientist (Maps of Non-Existent Places)
      23. Why Not? - Gentle Giant (Gentle Giant)
      24. Cleopatra Through - Slivovitz (Bani Ahead)
      25. Big-Eyed Beans from Venus - Captain Beefheart (Clear Spot)
      26. Brutality of Fact - Herd of Instinct (Conjure)
      27. Kedgeree - Mike Keneally (Bakin' @ the Potato - Live)