Romantic Warriors

  • fastianed
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 18, 2011
      I happened upon the "Romantic Warriors" prog rock documentary last week on the local pbs station. It did a pretty good job of covering the east coast prog scene. Steve is in there going over some releases, Orion Studios is covered in depth, and quite a bit of Nearfest and ProgDay coverage. Lots of bands are featured but are mainly interviews and only snippets of performances. Pretty good for tv though and the dvd is supposed to be half an hour longer. Anyone else see this?
      John T
    • Cuneiform / Wayside
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 20, 2011
        Hi

        The full length version doesn't contain full performances. It's just expanded upon what you saw on the PBS show.

        I hope I'm allowed to say that Adele and Jose are working on another one and this is specifically about the avant garde; I guess prog rock wasn't small enough for them and they wanted to reach even less! ;-)

        They interviewed/filmed Magma and UZ last year and will be covering Thinking Plague and some others as well....!

        Steve

        > I happened upon the "Romantic Warriors" prog rock documentary last week on the local pbs station. It did a pretty good job of covering the east coast prog scene. Steve is in there going over some releases, Orion Studios is covered in depth, and quite a bit of Nearfest and ProgDay coverage. Lots of bands are featured but are mainly interviews and only snippets of performances. Pretty good for tv though and the dvd is supposed to be half an hour longer. Anyone else see this?
        > John T

      • Daniel Maske
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 20, 2011
          Wow! Feel free to pass on my contact info :)

          On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 9:41 AM, Cuneiform / Wayside <CuneiWay@...> wrote:
          > Hi
          >
          > The full length version doesn't contain full performances. It's just expanded upon what you saw on the PBS show.
          >
          > I hope I'm allowed to say that Adele and Jose are working on another one and this is specifically about the avant garde; I guess prog rock wasn't small enough for them and they wanted to reach even less!   ;-)
          >
          > They interviewed/filmed Magma and UZ last year and will be covering Thinking Plague and some others as well....!
          >

          > Steve
          >

          >> I happened upon the "Romantic Warriors" prog rock documentary last week on the local pbs station. It did a pretty good job of covering the east coast prog scene. Steve is in there going over some releases, Orion Studios is covered in depth, and quite a bit of Nearfest and ProgDay coverage. Lots of bands are featured but are mainly interviews and only snippets of performances. Pretty good for tv though and the dvd is supposed to be half an hour longer. Anyone else see this?
          >> John T

          > Shortcut URL to this page:

          Dan Maske
          Work email: demaske@...
          danielmaske.com
          far-corner.com
          Myspace.com/danmaske
          Myspace.com/farcornerband
        • spacepiano
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 21, 2011
            Were they the people who were filming the Magma show at the DC embassy last year? That was an *amazing* concert for me. It also had the best lighting and just about the best sound I have ever experienced at a concert.

            Drew

            --- In avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com, Cuneiform / Wayside <CuneiWay@...> wrote:

            > Hi
            >
            > The full length version doesn't contain full performances. It's just expanded upon what you saw on the PBS show.
            >
            > I hope I'm allowed to say that Adele and Jose are working on another one and this is specifically about the avant garde; I guess prog rock wasn't small enough for them and they wanted to reach even less! ;-)
            >
            > They interviewed/filmed Magma and UZ last year and will be covering Thinking Plague and some others as well....!
            >

            > Steve
            >

            > > I happened upon the "Romantic Warriors" prog rock documentary last week on the local pbs station. It did a pretty good job of covering the east coast prog scene. Steve is in there going over some releases, Orion Studios is covered in depth, and quite a bit of Nearfest and ProgDay coverage. Lots of bands are featured but are mainly interviews and only snippets of performances. Pretty good for tv though and the dvd is supposed to be half an hour longer. Anyone else see this?
            > > John T

          • Cuneiform / Wayside
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 22, 2011
              Drew

              Yes they were and glad you enjoyed the show.

              steve