SOLEIL ZEUHL news

  • alebonn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 26, 2010
      Hi,
      Official announcement of the next SOLEIL ZEUHL releases (probably early
      2011) :
      NOA : reissue of the sole LP of this obscure French band – from 1980.
      Below is the only review I've found in English (from
      _http://whokilledtroymoross.info/clan-drum-maxwell-pipe_
      (http://whokilledtroymoross.info/clan-drum-maxwell-pipe) ) :
      Noa - s/t (France) 1980 private. Like Gutura, Noa features a histrionic
      female vocalist, piping the French language and enunciating syllables like
      another instrument. The music of Noa is of the jazzy Zeuhl variety, with
      plenty of sax (some shrieking), soaring flute and the expected rhythms of the
      genre. A pretty experimental record that could have only come out in France
      during this era (see Gutura for more info on what I mean).

      BTW : A question for those in the know : any opinion about the cover art
      of the LP.... ?
      THOLLOPHONIE : new studio album, recorded summer 2010, of F. Thollot, with
      a complete band inc. brass. IMO, a great recording – zeuhl with a light
      Soft Machine vibe….
      And, as already announced, the reissue of the first double album of STRAVE
      (S. Bringolf).
      Alain

      (http://whokilledtroymoross.info/clan-drum-maxwell-pipe)

    • Renato Moraes
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 26, 2010
        Alain

        The cover of NOA is not that remarkable, in a sense that it really make your
        eyes jump. It is nice, but not the best I have seen in my life. If you want to
        change it and also want to make purists happy, I would print the original cover
        in some place of the booklet.

        The music of NOA is nice and this will be a very welcome release.

        THOLLOPHONIE - sounds promising!!!

        Strave!!! YES

        Any possibility of reissue some of the Cryonic releases as Yatus - Avant
        Demande? I hope this is the name of this band, I have this on cassette and it
        is a nice record.

        Renato

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 26, 2010
          Dans un e-mail daté du 26/08/2010 20:03:42 Paris, Madrid (heure d'été),
          remoraes01@... a écrit :

          Any possibility of reissue some of the Cryonic releases as Yatus - Avant
          Demande?

          HIATUS Avant demain.
          Part of a few possibilities for the future....

          NOA : no plan for the cover yet. I'm disturbed by the little cartoon-like
          creature that (imo) does not fit the music. But the background is very OK.
          Probably it will stay as originally done - purists rule the reissue charts
          :-)

          Alain

        • ashratemp
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 14, 2010
            Hi Alain,

            Interesting where you found that review. It's actually mine and it comes from here (though originally was on thomashayes.com which is no longer active):

            http://cdreissuewishlist.blogspot.com/2010/01/noa-france.html

            I'll be sure to announce Noa reissue news on the site as well! (thanks Achim).

            And great news on Thollophonie. I really enjoyed the last Thollot album, so this should be quite a treat!

            - Tom