Re: [avant-progressive] Gorguts - from wisdom to hate

  • weasel walter
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2001
      >Better than Meshuggah's "Chaosphere

      Ya know, I really didn't like Chaosphere -- it seemed rote and
      half-baked. The material was very repetitive and seemed like it was
      written in a day. The story goes that the band had writing block and that
      the guitarist had to come back and write all of their material for them!
      It sounded like it. They're leaning on their innovation like a crutch at
      this point and not progressing. I liked the non-Holdsworth parts of the
      one before very much.

      > Been listening to more "tech metal" lately and stumbled across a one
      > man
      > metal-industrial-supertechnical-freakout project called Necrophagus.

      Yes, Necrophagist from Germany. A one-man bedroom band! I heard it and it
      was more 'major key' oriented than I hoped, but definitely spastic and
      technical.

      ww
      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.