Farmers Market

  • michael
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2010
      Preview the tunes and get flabbergasted! A bulgarian ladychoir is also contributing. :-)
      http://www.amazon.com/Surfin-USSR-Farmers-Market/dp/B0012IWIQ8
      They have listened good to Ivo Papasov, but If I'm not mistaken Trifon Trifonov has played with Papasov, but here seems to be more fun involved.

      http://www.farmers-market.net/ - A medley of videos. In the first slow jazz tune, it is revealed that the fenomenal accordianplayer, can play guitar too (Guitarsolo in Django Reinhardt style) while the guitarist sings and dance and looks like he has enjoyed the 'noble weed'.

      And here is a full concert with 'Farmers Market' and a norwegian symphony orchestra: http://www1.nrk.no/nett-tv/klipp/457318 (they play an excerpt of Stravinsky's Le Sacre too.)

      A norwegian guy sent me this info about Stian Carstensen:
      "This guy is not only an accordion wizard. He is also a guitar wizard. That was his main instrument when he studied at the music conservatory. I think he has measured the number of notes he could play per minute, and he probably beats most guitarists. Apart from guitar he also plays Bulgarian flute, banjo, violin and probably a lot more, mostly on the same level of virtuosity. And check out his pedal steel guitar solo on the latest album from his group Farmers Market - Surfin' USSR. That is really awesome"