RE: [avant-progressive] Lars Hollmer week...

  • Bold Premier
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 23, 2009
      Something else to look for ;
      COOPER / FRITH / GEBBIA / HOLLMER
      8� Elegy For An Angel
      9� We Fall
      Lindsay Cooper (bassoon) / Fred Frith (violin, guitar) / Gianni Gebbia (soprano sax) / Lars Hollmer (accordion, keyboards)
      Live at Angelica festival, Bologna, Italy, May-June 1992. Taken from the out-of-print CD compilations �Angelica '92� and �Angelica 93�
      Link : http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f90/henry-cow-with-friends-and-family-1974-1999-a-78770.html
      Pascal

      To: avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com
      CC: BoldPremier144@...
      From: berevoescu@...
      Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 16:49:00 -0800
      Subject: Re: [avant-progressive] Lars Hollmer week...

      Pascal, my friend - Hello again!

      The only good part is that I managed to find almost all his released

      music - so plenty to listen to for days.

      If anyone has any idea how to find some of the very hard to find titles

      I did not manage to find yet (Lars was preparing to send me some of the

      missing titles shortly before he got ill), here is my missing list (I

      will appreciate a lot any tip/hint/etc):

      Samla Mammas Manna:

      Lejonet av Ljuga 1979 Vinyl single SLS 1 Svenska Love Sweden

      Fem S�ker En Skatt:

      Fem S�ker En Skatt 1995 CD Krax Krax produktion Sweden.

      Appearing with on other musicians output:

      Planet Squeezebox Compilation Ellipsis arts CD 3470

      Hardis bruts Polysons IPS 0592.

      Haikus Urbains Cave 12 Disques CD 12D02.

      Luna. Wolfgang Salomon. Chance prod. 1003

      Best wishes,

      --bjh

      On 12/22/2009 03:32 PM, Bold Premier wrote:

      > I'm with you, brother!About a year ago, I got one of the most shocking news in my life (his departure).I repeat myself, but Lars was one of my heroes and I don't have many (3 or 4).One year already?

      > Let's honor his memory by playing his unique music.

      > Pascal Globensky

      > To: avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com; progressivemusicsociety@yahoogroups.com

      > From: berevoescu@...

      > Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 13:53:06 -0800

      > Subject: [avant-progressive] Lars Hollmer week...

      > As the first anniversary of the untimely demise of our dear Lars is a

      > few days away, I'm mostly spinning through his titles this week...

      > --bjh

    • Jean-Henry Berevoescu
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 23, 2009
        Wow! How did I miss this one? Or, wait a minute! Wait a minute. I do
        have an Angelica release (I think '93) - I will have to check which one
        I have.

        Thanks for pointing this out.

        --bjh

      • Jean-Henry Berevoescu
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 23, 2009
          On 12/23/2009 06:29 AM, Phil Zampino wrote:

          > JHB, no doubt his was a very sad passing, there's too little humor in
          > complex music and his was a great loss... I started today with
          > "Andetag" at your suggestion, thanks!
          >
          > phil

          Phil,
          Good to hear from you!
          Andetag is a great one, indeed. I went through most of the solo stuff
          (Utsikter, Andetag, Viandra, Sibiriska cyklar, Vendeltid, Från Natt
          Idag, Vill du höra mer, Tonöga, Autokomp A(nd) More), with Global Home
          Project (Sola), Looping Home Orchestra and especially through the three
          titles under the Accordion Tribe moniker and the one with Fanfare
          Pourpour - Lovely, lovely stuff... A lot of humor, but melancholy too,
          at times... a lot of input from everywhere, but also a lot of himself...
          I guess I will continue with the exuberance and energy from
          Samla/Zamla/Von Zamla the following days.

          --bjh

        • alanterrill
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 24, 2009
            I wonder if some of you don't have the track "Folkvandringslat" which is track 17 on Viandra Japanese version. I haven't seen the Cuneiform version to compare but I'm guessing this is a bonus track. If you want an MP3 of it contact me off list

            Alan

            --- In avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com, Bold Premier <BoldPremier144@...> wrote:

            > Something else to look for ;
            > COOPER / FRITH / GEBBIA / HOLLMER
            > 8• Elegy For An Angel
            > 9• We Fall
            > Lindsay Cooper (bassoon) / Fred Frith (violin, guitar) / Gianni Gebbia (soprano sax) / Lars Hollmer (accordion, keyboards)
            > Live at Angelica festival, Bologna, Italy, May-June 1992. Taken from the out-of-print CD compilations "Angelica '92" and "Angelica 93"
            > Link : http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f90/henry-cow-with-friends-and-family-1974-1999-a-78770.html
            > Pascal
            >
            > To: avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com
            > CC: BoldPremier144@...
            > From: berevoescu@...
            > Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 16:49:00 -0800
            > Subject: Re: [avant-progressive] Lars Hollmer week...

            > Pascal, my friend - Hello again!
            >

            > The only good part is that I managed to find almost all his released
            >
            > music - so plenty to listen to for days.
            >

            > If anyone has any idea how to find some of the very hard to find titles
            >
            > I did not manage to find yet (Lars was preparing to send me some of the
            >
            > missing titles shortly before he got ill), here is my missing list (I
            >
            > will appreciate a lot any tip/hint/etc):

            > Samla Mammas Manna:
            >
            > Lejonet av Ljuga 1979 Vinyl single SLS 1 Svenska Love Sweden
            >

            > Fem Söker En Skatt:
            >
            > Fem Söker En Skatt 1995 CD Krax Krax produktion Sweden.
            >

            > Appearing with on other musicians output:
            >
            > Planet Squeezebox Compilation Ellipsis arts CD 3470
            >
            > Hardis bruts Polysons IPS 0592.
            >
            > Haikus Urbains Cave 12 Disques CD 12D02.
            >
            > Luna. Wolfgang Salomon. Chance prod. 1003

            > Best wishes,
            >
            > --bjh
            >

            > On 12/22/2009 03:32 PM, Bold Premier wrote:
            >
            > > I'm with you, brother!About a year ago, I got one of the most shocking news in my life (his departure).I repeat myself, but Lars was one of my heroes and I don't have many (3 or 4).One year already?
            >
            > > Let's honor his memory by playing his unique music.
            >
            > > Pascal Globensky
            >

            > > To: avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com; progressivemusicsociety@yahoogroups.com
            >
            > > From: berevoescu@...
            >
            > > Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 13:53:06 -0800
            >
            > > Subject: [avant-progressive] Lars Hollmer week...
            >

            > > As the first anniversary of the untimely demise of our dear Lars is a
            >
            > > few days away, I'm mostly spinning through his titles this week...
            >

            > > --bjh

          • Cuneiform / Wayside
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 24, 2009
              Folkvandringslat is indeed a Japanese-only bonus track.

              On Dec 24, 2009, at 1:17 PM, alanterrill wrote:

> [...]
              > padding: 10px; } #activity span { font-weight: 700; } #activity
              > span:first-child { text-transform: uppercase; } #activity span a
              > { color: #5085b6; text-decoration: none; } #activity span span
              > { color: #ff7900; } #activity span .underline { text-decoration:
              > underline; } .attach { clear: both; display: table; font-family:
              > Arial; font-size: 12px; padding: 10px 0; width: 400px; } .attach
              > div a { text-decoration: none; } .attach img { border: none;
              > padding-right: 5px; } .attach label { display: block; margin-
              > bottom: 5px; } .attach label a { text-decoration: none; }
              > blockquote { margin: 0 0 0 4px; } .bold { font-family: Arial; font-
              > size: 13px; font-weight: 700; } .bold a { text-decoration:
              > none; } dd.last p a { font-family: Verdana; font-weight: 700; }
              > dd.last p span { margin-right: 10px; font-family: Verdana; font-
              > weight: 700; } dd.last p span.yshortcuts { margin-right: 0; }
              > div.attach-table div div a { text-decoration: none; } div.attach-
              > table { width: 400px; } div.file-title a, div.file-title a:active,
              > div.file-title a:hover, div.file-title a:visited { text-decoration:
              > none; } div.photo-title a, div.photo-title a:active, div.photo-
              > title a:hover, div.photo-title a:visited { text-decoration: none; }
              > div#ygrp-mlmsg #ygrp-msg p a span.yshortcuts { font-family:
              > Verdana; font-size: 10px; font-weight: normal; } .green { color:
              > #628c2a; } .MsoNormal { margin: 0 0 0 0; } o { font-size: 0; }
              > #photos div { float: left; width: 72px; } #photos div div { border:
              > 1px solid #666666; height: 62px; overflow: hidden; width: 62px; }
              > #photos div label { color: #666666; font-size: 10px; overflow:
              > hidden; text-align: center; white-space: nowrap; width: 64px; }
              > #reco-category { font-size: 77%; } #reco-desc { font-size:
              > 77%; } .replbq { margin: 4px; } #ygrp-actbar div a:first-child { /*
              > border-right: 0px solid #000;*/ margin-right: 2px; padding-right:
              > 5px; } #ygrp-mlmsg { font-size: 13px; font-family: Arial,
              > helvetica,clean, sans-serif; *font-size: small; *font: x-small; }
              > #ygrp-mlmsg table { font-size: inherit; font: 100%; } #ygrp-mlmsg
              > select, input, textarea { font: 99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-
              > serif; } #ygrp-mlmsg pre, code { font:115% monospace; *font-size:
              > 100%; } #ygrp-mlmsg * { line-height: 1.22em; } #ygrp-mlmsg #logo
              > { padding-bottom: 10px; } #ygrp-mlmsg a { color: #1E66AE; } #ygrp-
              > msg p a { font-family: Verdana; } #ygrp-msg p#attach-count span
              > { color: #1E66AE; font-weight: 700; } #ygrp-reco #reco-head
              > { color: #ff7900; font-weight: 700; } #ygrp-reco { margin-bottom:
              > 20px; padding: 0px; } #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a { font-size: 130%;
              > text-decoration: none; } #ygrp-sponsor #ov li { font-size: 77%;
              > list-style-type: square; padding: 6px 0; } #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul
              > { margin: 0; padding: 0 0 0 8px; } #ygrp-text { font-family:
              > Georgia; } #ygrp-text p { margin: 0 0 1em 0; } #ygrp-text tt { font-
              > size: 120%; } #ygrp-vital ul li:last-child { border-right: none !
            • Bold Premier
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 24, 2009
                Let me know if you have it and if it's wirth it!
                Pascal

              • Jean-Henry Berevoescu
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 24, 2009
                  Oh, sure - I will let you know. Right now I have to leave for a couple
                  of days - I'll dig after I come back.

                  --bjh