Brian Eno & Jon Hassell at the Walker next month

  • Mark Jung
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 11, 2009
      The Walker Art Center (www.walkerart.org) started selling tickets
      today for an Eno/Hassell lecture/discussion on Sept 22 at the WAC in
      Minneapolis.
    • fastianed
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 31, 2009
        Mark Jung <markjung@...> wrote:

        > The Walker Art Center (www.walkerart.org) started selling tickets
        > today for an Eno/Hassell lecture/discussion on Sept 22 at the WAC in
        > Minneapolis.

        That would be worth checking out for those in the area. I wonder if he'll be anywhere else in the US? I saw Eno a long time ago in SF doing something similar and he was very entertaining.

        I just finished a biography of Eno " On Some Faraway Beach" by David Sheppard that I really enjoyed. Very well researched with about 75% of it taking place in the 70s as it probably should have been. It goes into great detail about the 70s solo albums, Roxy, Fripp/Eno, Cluster, Portsmouth Sinfonia, Obscure Label,Eno produced Bowie albums, as well as him living in NYC during the height of the punk explosion and him having a big hand in that as well.

        I'll have to admit that Eno has been off my radar screen for a long while so most of what was covered in the last few decades was news to me. I hadn't realized that he has produced most of U2s albums since the mid 80s. He's definitely firmly entrenched in today's art world especially in Europe. Does anyone have any Eno related favorites from the last few decades that they can recommend or minefields to avoid?

        John T