Re: seeking listening suggestions

  • Dead Earnest
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 31, 2008
      Ash Ra - New Age Of Earth; start to finish, in one sitting, in the order the album dictates - musically satisfying and totally calming - simply gorgeous!
      Andy G.

      www.deadearnest.btinternet.co.uk
      www.myspace.com/deadearnestdundee
      www.myspace.com/mermaidrockpromotions
      www.myspace.com/knightmusic75

    • otomstreet@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1, 2008
        I can only think of one recording, Miles Davis' Kind Of Blue. Possibly the greatest recording of all time, I would actually suggest the complete Miles Davis 7 John Coltrane on Columbia set. You could get a million smiles out of that set.

        thom
      • Bob Netherton
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 1, 2008
          On Fri, 2008-08-29 at 11:47 -0700, hugh manatee wrote:
          > as some of you may already know, i am recovering from a small stroke
          > (15 july) and a follow-up procedure to seal off the aneurysm (27 aug),
          > mudic is of course part of my recovery, so iam open to suggestions on
          > music that you find healing or therputic or to promote or help
          > maintain a positive outlook.

          We're sending out positive vibes for your swift recovery!

          A couple of things come to mind - nothing too chaotic until you are
          more healed.

          Ragnarok - S/T (Sweden, not New Zealand). Gorgeous gentle instrumental
          fusion with the interplay of multiple guitar lines, sometimes acoustic,
          sometimes electric. Never gets too anxious.

          Celeste - Principe di un Giorno. Mellotron, flute, acoustic guitars.
          My daughter was born to this and she has turned out pretty good :-)

          I'll spend some time in the collection and see if i can come up with
          something uplifting for you.

          Bob
        • fvioncsm
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 5, 2008
            Hello,

            When I read "positive outlook", I think to Sparks, easy to listen (but not easy listening !)
            and funny/absurd texts. Let's try the 3 last CD (lil'beethoven records - like a home-made
            chamber-rock-songs) and the 2 first (Bearsville records - pop/rock gems w/Todd
            Rundgrend production).

            When I read "relax", I think to Popol Vuh (the german) : Hosianna Mantra, Die nach der
            seele, Agape-Agape, Spirit of peace, Nosferatu, Heart of glass among many others (SPV
            records), a real East/West mix, mostly acoustic instruments, ambient or calm songs.

            Have a good recovering !

            --- In avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com, hugh manatee <wreck_d2001@...> wrote:

            > as some of you may already know, i am recovering from a small stroke (15 july) and a
            follow-up procedure to seal off the aneurysm (27 aug), mudic is of course part of my
            recovery, so iam open to suggestions on music that you find healing or therputic or to
            promote or help maintain a positive outlook.

            > "We all think that we're about to be found out,
            > But that's one thing you don't need to get screwed-up about.
            > (Relax) In spite of your complete incompetence,
            > (Relax) The cosmos won't give you a second glance.
            > (Relax) The universe is unaware of you.
            > (Relax) It works alright no matter what you do.
            > (Relax... Relax... Relax... Relax... Relax...)"
            > - Judge Smith ("I don't know what I'm doing" - copyright 2007)

          • hugh
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 6, 2008
              even though we don't think of these things in the same way, i'd like
              to thank you for your kind thoughts.
              --- In avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com, "fvioncsm" <FVion@...>