samla box?

  • Caleb Deupree
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 24, 2008
      Anybody heard the eight-CD Samla box released in Japan? It's got all
      of the early works (i.e., no Von Zamla), but it also includes
      something called Bildcirkus, which I haven't heard before. It's also
      supposed to have some live bonus tracks.

      ---
      Caleb Deupree
      ctdeupree@...
      http://classicaldrone.blogspot.com
    • zeuhlmate
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 24, 2008
        Its a Greg FitzPatrick project (the guy with snorungarnas symfoni) -
        doesn't seem to be very related to zamla musically...
        http://www.myspace.com/bildcirkus

        --- In avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com, Caleb Deupree
        <ctdeupree@...> wrote:

        > Anybody heard the eight-CD Samla box released in Japan? It's got all
        > of the early works (i.e., no Von Zamla), but it also includes
        > something called Bildcirkus, which I haven't heard before. It's also
        > supposed to have some live bonus tracks.
        >
        > ---
        > Caleb Deupree
        > ctdeupree@...
        > http://classicaldrone.blogspot.com

      • Bob Netherton
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 24, 2008
          On Sun, 2008-08-24 at 16:48 +0000, zeuhlmate wrote:
          > Its a Greg FitzPatrick project (the guy with snorungarnas symfoni) -
          > doesn't seem to be very related to zamla musically...

          It isn't. Not even close. It is just about the same lineup as
          Snorungarnas Synfoni but pretty much going through the motions.
          As good as Snorungarnas Synfoni was with some fire and enthusiasm,
          Bildcirkus just sits there like a breakfast cereal that has been
          in milk too long. It reminds me a lot of the weaker moments of
          the early Isldurs Bane fusion albums which had the same limp
          noodle issue :-)

          Bob
        • Cuneiform / Wayside
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 25, 2008
            Hi

            Yes, I've seen it.

            It has six Samla CDs and 2 by Gregory Fitzpatrick (one of which has
            Samlas as the backing band, and one which doesn't, IIRC).

            There are a small number of bonus live tracks.

            I'll be stocking it soon and can give more information then because I
            will have it in front of me at that time.

            Steve