Re: [avant-progressive] Japanrocksampler

  • Joe Barnekow
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2008
      "I heard everybody in Japan hates Julian Cope's "JapRockSampler".

      Wayside
      seems not to have liked his Krautrocksampler either."

      Haven't read the JapRockSampler, but if Cope gave this scene a similar
      treat as the krauts, it's not a bad thing at all.
      The KrautRockSampler is full of faults, misses and wrong
      interpretations. It's also a challenge just judging the language,
      especially if you depend on the german translation (which is really one
      of the worst I have ever read!). But it's entertaining and so full of
      enthusiasm that it did more for Krautrock in the world than all the
      other serious articles and books on this matter.
      So look at it that its aim is to make japanese outsider music more
      popular, and if this happens the book did it right!

      Joe