Re: Unbeltipo

  • zeuhlmate
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 1, 2007
      I just got the latest album from Unbeltipo: Pheasantism 2007, and to
      Tipographica fans its highly recommendable!
      Unlike the first Unbeltipo album, this one is much closer to
      Tipographica in style, just without the horn section. Its a trio but
      with lots of overdubs with tuned percussion etc. so they sound much
      bigger than a trio.
      The guitarist has evolved and is less zappa'ish sound wise, but still
      as furious as usual.
      The production is typically Japanese, crystal clear and very dynamic.

      --- In avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com, Hans Voigt <ha-voi@...> wrote:

      > From Pierre Tassone`s Music by mail I have got 3 exelent albums with
      japanese Unbeltipo, artist name of Tsuneo Imahori, guitars in
      Tipographica. Now I wonder why these cd`s are so hard to get, and why
      there is very little info about the releases exept of a lot on
      japanese links on Google. Anybody else out there who have heard this
      great music? You will find it od UHORT`s playlist really soon.

      > Hans Voigt
      > http://www.hansprog.com

    • Richard Poulin
      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 1, 2007
        Hi Michael,

        Sounds yummy. Where did you get it from? Tassonne? I googled this and I'm
        'Lost in Translation', if you get my drift :-) Amazon.jp seems a bit
        exaggerated as a source to me ....

        Richard

        >From: "zeuhlmate" <michael@...>
        >To: avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [avant-progressive] Re: Unbeltipo
        >Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 11:17:33 -0000
        >
        >I just got the latest album from Unbeltipo: Pheasantism 2007, and to
        >Tipographica fans its highly recommendable!
        >Unlike the first Unbeltipo album, this one is much closer to
        >Tipographica in style, just without the horn section. Its a trio but
        >with lots of overdubs with tuned percussion etc. so they sound much
        >bigger than a trio.
        >The guitarist has evolved and is less zappa'ish sound wise, but still
        >as furious as usual.
        >The production is typically Japanese, crystal clear and very dynamic.
        >
        >--- In avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com, Hans Voigt <ha-voi@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > From Pierre Tassone`s Music by mail I have got 3 exelent albums with
        >japanese Unbeltipo, artist name of Tsuneo Imahori, guitars in
        >Tipographica. Now I wonder why these cd`s are so hard to get, and why
        >there is very little info about the releases exept of a lot on
        >japanese links on Google. Anybody else out there who have heard this
        >great music? You will find it od UHORT`s playlist really soon.
        > >
        > > Hans Voigt
        > > http://www.hansprog.com

      • Michael Anton Parker
        Message 3 of 20 , Nov 1, 2007
          On 11/1/07, Richard Poulin <ricpoulin@...> wrote:
          > Sounds yummy. Where did you get it from? Tassonne? I googled this and I'm
          > 'Lost in Translation', if you get my drift :-) Amazon.jp seems a bit
          > exaggerated as a source to me ....

          I remember buying the first Unbeltipo from Pierre Tassone's Music by
          Mail (musicbymail.dk), but as for the 2nd and 3rd Unbeltipo albums,
          which I sadly haven't heard yet, I can't find them on his site at
          present. However, they are available from the great IMJ site
          (japanimprov.com) in the CD shop:
          http://www.japanimprov.com/cdshop2/index.html
          just ctrl+f "unbeltipo"...
          The dilemma is whether to pay US $22-23 plus shipping for them!!! I
          mean, I think it's unethical to charge that much for a CD, but I'm
          also a Tipo fanatic so it's among the very few thing I'd consider
          letting myself be ripped off for! :-((( But as far as the IMJ CD
          shop, there's so many other things I really really want to get off
          there, I might just have to go buck wild on there one of these days!

          Mike
        • Steve F.
          Message 4 of 20 , Nov 1, 2007
            Mr. Parker,

            > I think it's unethical to charge that much for a CD, but I'm
            > also a Tipo fanatic so it's among the very few thing I'd consider
            > letting myself be ripped off for!

            When the US $$ is at historic lows against all foreign currencies, I
            think it might be better to rail against the people who have caused
            this/allowed this to happen, rather than to blame a retailer for the
            fact that no one finds the US $$ appealing at this time.

            Steve
          • zeuhlmate
            Message 5 of 20 , Nov 1, 2007
              Music by mail has a lot of stuff that is not on his website, just send
              him a mail and ask. But I dont think he is able to be cheaper than
              amazon.jp. But he is good at tracking stuff from Japan.

              Its a good situation for all non-americans with the low dollar, except
              for those who export to you at a fixed price in dollar (many do).
              I suppose its because mr. Bush prints too many of them to cover his
              expenses.

              So I hope Steve exports more than usual.

              --- In avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Anton Parker"
              <michaelantonparker@...> wrote:

              > On 11/1/07, Richard Poulin <ricpoulin@...> wrote:
              > > Sounds yummy. Where did you get it from? Tassonne? I googled
              this and I'm
              > > 'Lost in Translation', if you get my drift :-) Amazon.jp seems a bit
              > > exaggerated as a source to me ....
              >
              > I remember buying the first Unbeltipo from Pierre Tassone's Music by
              > Mail (musicbymail.dk), but as for the 2nd and 3rd Unbeltipo albums,
              > which I sadly haven't heard yet, I can't find them on his site at
              > present. However, they are available from the great IMJ site
              > (japanimprov.com) in the CD shop:
              > http://www.japanimprov.com/cdshop2/index.html
              > just ctrl+f "unbeltipo"...
              > The dilemma is whether to pay US $22-23 plus shipping for them!!! I
              > mean, I think it's unethical to charge that much for a CD, but I'm
              > also a Tipo fanatic so it's among the very few thing I'd consider
              > letting myself be ripped off for! :-((( But as far as the IMJ CD
              > shop, there's so many other things I really really want to get off
              > there, I might just have to go buck wild on there one of these days!
              >
              > Mike

            • palcontented1
              Message 6 of 20 , Nov 1, 2007
                --- In avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com, "Steve F." <CuneiWay@...>
                wrote:

                > Mr. Parker,
                >

                > > I think it's unethical to charge that much for a CD, but I'm
                > > also a Tipo fanatic so it's among the very few thing I'd consider
                > > letting myself be ripped off for!
                >

                > When the US $$ is at historic lows against all foreign currencies,
                > think it might be better to rail against the people who have
                caused
                > this/allowed this to happen, rather than to blame a retailer for
                the
                > fact that no one finds the US $$ appealing at this time.
                >
                > Steve

                Yes, and if it weren't for the petro-dollar the inflation would be
                much worse, but as the feds ceased publication of the Euro-dollar
                reserve report in March 2006, I expect they are hoping no one
                notices until it's too late. In any case should the Chinese decide
                it isn't worth their while to underwrite US imperial wars any longer
                we may yet go the way of the Weimar Republic. Sorry, for the
                injection of possibly inappropriate real world issues, but this is a
                reality hanging over all of us in the US.

                Lenny

              • Richard Poulin
                Message 7 of 20 , Nov 1, 2007
                  Indeed this is not the right forum for this, albeit it is relevant to the
                  reality of our purchasing power, and therefore, of the future of onlie CD
                  shopping. That being said, this is a very concise and enlightened summary
                  of one likely scenario of the economy, very well put in anutshel. Thank you
                  and let's hope for the better.

                  From my side of the border, no complaint: the Canadian loonie is at its
                  highest level since the last 50 years relative to the greenback: 1.05 USD.
                  I have ordered the Unbeltipos 2 and 3 as well as two Soh Band albums
                  (recommendations from my friend Bob Netherton) which had been next to
                  impossible to find for me so far. Thanks to our friends for guiding me to
                  that excellent source of Japanese music (and quyte cheaper than Amazon.jp).

                  Richard

                  np: Wayside sampler #3 (another source of concern for my wallet :-)

                  >From: "palcontented1" <palcontented1@...>
                  >To: avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: [avant-progressive] Re: Unbeltipo
                  >Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 23:03:38 -0000
                  >
                  >--- In avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com, "Steve F." <CuneiWay@...>
                  >wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Mr. Parker,
                  > >

                  > > > I think it's unethical to charge that much for a CD, but I'm
                  > > > also a Tipo fanatic so it's among the very few thing I'd consider
                  > > > letting myself be ripped off for!
                  > >

                  > > When the US $$ is at historic lows against all foreign currencies,
                  > > think it might be better to rail against the people who have
                  >caused
                  > > this/allowed this to happen, rather than to blame a retailer for
                  >the
                  > > fact that no one finds the US $$ appealing at this time.
                  > >
                  > > Steve
                  >
                  >Yes, and if it weren't for the petro-dollar the inflation would be
                  >much worse, but as the feds ceased publication of the Euro-dollar
                  >reserve report in March 2006, I expect they are hoping no one
                  >notices until it's too late. In any case should the Chinese decide
                  >it isn't worth their while to underwrite US imperial wars any longer
                  >we may yet go the way of the Weimar Republic. Sorry, for the
                  >injection of possibly inappropriate real world issues, but this is a
                  >reality hanging over all of us in the US.
                  >
                  >Lenny

                • Michael Anton Parker
                  Message 8 of 20 , Nov 2, 2007
                    On 11/1/07, zeuhlmate <michael@...> wrote:
                    > Music by mail has a lot of stuff that is not on his website, just send
                    > him a mail and ask. But I dont think he is able to be cheaper than
                    > amazon.jp. But he is good at tracking stuff from Japan.

                    Ah, you're right, though I'm not sure why someone would not list
                    something they want to sell?!!?!?!?!!! I found out from Pierre
                    directly that he has all three in stock, so that would be a good
                    option for many folks....

                    Mike
                  • Michael Anton Parker
                    Message 9 of 20 , Nov 2, 2007
                      > Ah, you're right, though I'm not sure why someone would not list
                      > something they want to sell?!!?!?!?!!! I found out from Pierre
                      > directly that he has all three in stock, so that would be a good
                      > option for many folks....

                      Okay, turns out that it IS listed on this page, the "new" page:
                      http://www.musicbymail.dk/cds/new.htm#
                      When I wrote my message at first I had searched the site with some
                      effort, but wasn't able to find it. So now this silly topic can be
                      retired I hope!

                      Mike

                      np: Tyrannosaurus Rex (as usual these days)