Zs - in concert

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2007
      I saw Zs about one year ago. They are well worth seeing. It was pretty
      overwhelming.

      Here's some info and tour info:

      ZS is the New York band (formed in January 2002) working between the worlds
      of Avant Rock and New Music. Mostly instrumental, the music often explores the
      extremes of compositional complexity and virtuosity as well as extended
      repetition. The sound ranges from “brutal chamber music” to bombastic Prog Rock
      counterpoint to barely audible breathing sounds to mournful jazz drones. Math
      rock rhythms, insane time signatures, over the top melodies...it's all here.

      Sep 23 2007 Fleischer Art Memorial Philadelphia, Pennsylvania w/ Christian
      Wolff
      Sep 23 2007 Bowerbird Concert Series Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
      Sep 29 2007 Silent Barn Brooklyn, New York w/ Ecstatic Sunshine
      Oct 3 2007 Zebulon Brooklyn, New York w/Dirty Projectors and Skeletons and
      the Kings of All Cities
      Nov 17 2007 Valentine’s Albany, New York w/ The Locust
      Nov 18 2007 Living Room Providence, Rhode Island w/ The Locust
      Nov 19 2007 Maxwell's Hoboken, NJ w/ The Locust
      Nov 20 2007 Knitting Factory New York, New York w/ The Locust
      Nov 21 2007 Ottobar Baltimore, Maryland w/ The Locust
      Dec 7 2007 Issue Project Room Brooklyn, NY w/ Excepter

      You can also hear them at:
      http://www.myspace.com/zstheband

    • Marc Adler
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2007
        Good call, Steve. Just checked out their MySpace page.

        The drummer and I had the same marimba teacher, so I can vouch for his
        abilities :-)

        --- In avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com, CuneiWay@... wrote:

        > I saw Zs about one year ago. They are well worth seeing. It was
        pretty overwhelming.
      • Frank Camiola
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2007
          Pretty amazing stuff - I saw these cats in NYC a few years ago at the Avant
          fest (or whatever they called it) - definitely worth seeing live. Thanks for
          the heads, Steve.

          Frank