Sattanique Samba Trio

  • François Couture
    Message 1 of 5 , May 30 12:41 PM
      Hi friends,

      I just finished listening to Satanique Samba Trio¹s new CD Sangrou and
      thought I should get the word out, especially since the US distributor is
      marketing the band as rogue samba musicians or something.

      Truth is, this is a SCORCHING RIO band from Brasilia with, yes, a certain
      Latin/tropicalia flavor. And don¹t go thinking of Tom Ze Œcause that¹s not
      it. Large instrumentation (guitar/bass/drum, but also trumpet, programming
      and lots of Latin percussion), very complex and short pieces, lots of fire,
      off-kilter grooves and improv moments.

      Very good, I¹m impressed. Tomas, Steve, everyone, you might want to check
      them out. Three mp3 samples here:
      http://www.sataniquesambatrio.net/upvdm.htm (links under the header Energia
      Negativa Compactada no Formato Mp3)

      Enjoy!

      Francois C.

      Message 2 of 5 , May 30 1:27 PM
        Thanks for the tip!

        going there NOW.

        SF

        > Very good, I〓m impressed. Tomas, Steve, everyone, you might want to check
        > them out. Three mp3 samples here:

      • Tomas Casanova
        Message 3 of 5 , May 30 5:38 PM
          Me too !.

          Cheers,
          Tomàs-.

          Message 4 of 5 , May 30 5:41 PM
            Hi Francois et All !.

            http://www.myspace.com/sataniquesambatrio -- S.S.T. `s
            myspace...tankx for the recommendation !!.

            Tomàs-.

            François Couture wrote:

            > Hi friends,
            >
            > I just finished listening to Satanique Samba Trio¹s new CD Sangrou
            and
            > thought I should get the word out, especially since the US
            distributor is
            > marketing the band as rogue samba musicians or something.
            >
            > Truth is, this is a SCORCHING RIO band from Brasilia with, yes, a
            certain
            > Latin/tropicalia flavor. And don¹t go thinking of Tom Ze Œcause
            that¹s not
            > it. Large instrumentation (guitar/bass/drum, but also trumpet,
            programming
            > and lots of Latin percussion), very complex and short pieces, lots
            of fire,
            > off-kilter grooves and improv moments.
            >
            > Very good, I¹m impressed. Tomas, Steve, everyone, you might want to
            check
            > them out. Three mp3 samples here:
            > http://www.sataniquesambatrio.net/upvdm.htm (links under the header
            Energia
            > Negativa Compactada no Formato Mp3)
            >
            > Enjoy!
            >
            > Francois C.

          • Alexandre Siufy
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 2, 2007
              Indeed. It's easy to be fooled by the 'satan samba' schtick, but they're a
              fine avant band. I haven't heard this new one, but their first album is
              quite good!

              cheers,
              alexandre.