Re: [avant-progressive] Re:New MAGMA MYthes et Legendes II dvd any opinions

  • Frank Camiola
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 6, 2007
      >Just finished watching it. I thought Epok 1 was simply amazing. Epok II
      leaves me with more mixed feelings.

      Forgive my ignorance, but what does Epok refer to?

      Frank

      np - Opeth - Ghost Reveries - Suprisingly nice stuff. Anybody else a fan
      here? GRRRRRRRRRRRRR..............
    • alebonn@aol.com
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 7, 2007
        Dans un e-mail daté du 06/01/2007 22:58:33 Paris, Madrid,
        fcamiola@... a écrit :

        Forgive my ignorance, but what does Epok refer to?

        In French the word EPOK does not exist but phonetically you pronounce it
        exactly as EPOQUE, which means, in English, PERIOD.

        So I guess this weird spelling has a Kobaian feeling - some will say it is
        the Kobaian word for period.....

        Alain

      • François Couture
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 8, 2007
          Frank Camiola wrote:

          > Forgive my ignorance, but what does Epok refer to?

          Eras. In 2005, Magma performed for four weeks at the Trianon. Each week
          featured a different repertoire from a specific era of the band. There will
          be four DVD¹s, one for each era or ³epok². The new DVD covers Epok II. Epok
          III (the Kohntarkosz era) should be out in March, featuring special guest
          Benoit Widemann, IIRC.

          By the way, I¹ve watched it again last night, and sincerely, Antoine
          Paganotti delivers a monster lead vocal performance in Wurdah Itah.

          Francois Couture

        • Michael Feathers
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 8, 2007
            François Couture wrote:

            >Frank Camiola wrote:
            >

            >>Forgive my ignorance, but what does Epok refer to?
            >>

            >Eras. In 2005, Magma performed for four weeks at the Trianon. Each week
            >featured a different repertoire from a specific era of the band. There will
            >be four DVD¹s, one for each era or ³epok². The new DVD covers Epok II. Epok
            >III (the Kohntarkosz era) should be out in March, featuring special guest
            >Benoit Widemann, IIRC.
            >
            >By the way, I¹ve watched it again last night, and sincerely, Antoine
            >Paganotti delivers a monster lead vocal performance in Wurdah Itah.

            I have to tout James McGraw's performance at the end of MDK also. I've
            said this before, there's no more thankless job in music than to be a
            guitarist in Magma. It's easy to come off as inconsequential next to
            the bass, keys, vocals, and drums, and you probably have less volume
            than any of them, but James did a killer windup of the frenzied section
            of MDK there. I liked his windup on the Trilogie release, but this one
            was pretty damed good also. I really like it.