Re: tim buckley on youtube

  • palcontented1
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 3, 2006
      --- In avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com, CuneiWay@... wrote:

      > Wow. I've never seen moving footage of Tim!

      There's other material out there somewhere. Richie Unterberger
      periodically shows rare video clips at the local library here. Last
      winter he showed a ten minute or so clip of Buckley with most of the
      Starsailor band playing a piece that started with Moulin Rouge went
      into Jungle Fire I think. The band included everyone on the recording
      except Buzz Gardner, if I recall correctly. Not sure where Unterberger
      found it, it may have been the BBC footage from '68, didn't appear to
      be from a concert. This may be the source.

      http://midnighttosix.typepad.com/midnight_to_six_rare_vide/tim_buckley/index.html

      Lenny
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 3, 2006
        Hi,

        > There's other material out there somewhere. Richie Unterberger
        > periodically shows rare video clips at the local library here.

        The Starsailor band! double wow.

        Well, admittedly, I don't spend a lot of time on the internet trolling for
        videos of things, so I am probably easily impressed!

      • Michael Anton Parker
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 3, 2006
          > There's other material out there somewhere. Richie Unterberger
          > periodically shows rare video clips at the local library here. Last
          > winter he showed a ten minute or so clip of Buckley with most of the
          > Starsailor band playing a piece that started with Moulin Rouge went
          > into Jungle Fire I think. The band included everyone on the recording
          > except Buzz Gardner, if I recall correctly. Not sure where Unterberger
          > found it, it may have been the BBC footage from '68, didn't appear to
          > be from a concert. This may be the source.
          >
          > http://midnighttosix.typepad.com/midnight_to_six_rare_vide/tim_buckley/index.html
          >
          > Lenny

          The first time I heard TB period was several years ago hanging out
          with a friend who brought me over to the apartment of a friend of his
          in manhattan who I'd never met but who has a rather large media
          collection and good taste in music. This guy and his girlfriend were
          huge TB fans and the three of them were talking about him. I'd never
          heard of TB before at all at the time, if you can believe that!
          (Actually, after a few years of being a hardcore TB fan, somehow I
          still have not gotten around to hearing anything by his son Jeff, even
          though I have a few friends who rave about it. I need to get on the
          ball!) So he popped in a video cassette and I just watched in utter
          astonishment as I saw TB do unbelievable wild vocals with a full band
          smoking through some kind of strange jazz. It was a really long jam
          and definitely from the Lorca or Starsailor period. I'd simply never
          imagined any music like that ever existed. It was a massive
          revelation.

          It's quite possibly the same clip referred to above. I had forgotten
          about that until now, but I do need to get a copy of that!!

          Mike

          np: Lula Cortes y Ze Ramalho - Paebiru