Carmen - Long Lost Video On YouTube

  • Marc Adler
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 1, 2006
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8Fr0D-pSmw

      Back in the day, there was Genesis, Floyd, Tull, Yes ... and then there
      was Carmen. A progessive flamenco-rock band from LA that moved to
      London, picked up Tull's future basist, and opened for Tull in the
      mid '70s. (I saw them on the War Child tour).

      One of the vocalists, Angela Allen, was absolutely stunning (IMHO).

      The FandangoesInSpace.com website only has snippets of the famous
      Midnight Special performance, but here on YouTube, you can see the
      whole thing!

      God bless YouTube
    • sdavmor
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 1, 2006
        Marc Adler wrote:

        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8Fr0D-pSmw
        > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8Fr0D-pSmw>
        >
        > Back in the day, there was Genesis, Floyd, Tull, Yes ... and then there
        > was Carmen. A progessive flamenco-rock band from LA that moved to
        > London, picked up Tull's future basist, and opened for Tull in the
        > mid '70s. (I saw them on the War Child tour).
        >
        > One of the vocalists, Angela Allen, was absolutely stunning (IMHO).
        >
        > The FandangoesInSpace.com website only has snippets of the famous
        > Midnight Special performance, but here on YouTube, you can see the
        > whole thing!
        >
        > God bless YouTube

        Sweet! A real pleasure to see.
        --
        Cheers,
        SDM -- a 21st century schizoid man
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 1, 2006
          > (I saw them on the War Child tour)

          me too!

        • Michael Feathers
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 1, 2006
            CuneiWay@... wrote:

            >>(I saw them on the War Child tour)
            >>

            >me too!

            So it's not a joke?! 70s/Prog/Flamenco/glamrock.. now there's a poorly
            explored genre! :-)
          • Michael Feathers
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 1, 2006
              Okay, now having seen it all the way through, I've got to say that was
              pretty cool!
            • sdavmor
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 1, 2006
                Michael Feathers wrote:

                > Okay, now having seen it all the way through, I've got to say that
                > was pretty cool!

                Cool?!? I should say so!

                Carmen were one of the most original bands ever in rock IMO. I highly
                recommend their three studio albums.
                --
                Cheers,
                SDM -- a 21st century schizoid man
                Systems Theory internet music project links:
                soundclick <www.soundclick.com/systemstheory>
                garageband <http://www.garageband.com/artist/systemstheory>
                "Soundtracks For Imaginary Movies" CD released Dec 2004
                "Codetalkers" CD coming very soon in 2006
                NP: nothing
              • zeuhlmate
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 1, 2006
                  Amazing & crazy !

                  I have the Fandango in space album, but seeing them on stage is
                  definetely more intriguing !

                  btw the URL is http://www.fandangosinspace.com/

                  --- In avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com, "Marc Adler"
                  <magmasystems@...> wrote:

                  > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8Fr0D-pSmw
                  >
                  > Back in the day, there was Genesis, Floyd, Tull, Yes ... and then there
                  > was Carmen. A progessive flamenco-rock band from LA that moved to
                  > London, picked up Tull's future basist, and opened for Tull in the
                  > mid '70s. (I saw them on the War Child tour).
                  >
                  > One of the vocalists, Angela Allen, was absolutely stunning (IMHO).
                  >
                  > The FandangoesInSpace.com website only has snippets of the famous
                  > Midnight Special performance, but here on YouTube, you can see the
                  > whole thing!
                  >
                  > God bless YouTube

                • Tomas Casanova
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 1, 2006
                    WOW !.

                    Thanks Marc!!.

                    I have it too Michael, but the US edition plus a couple of cds:

                    http://www.fandangosinspace.com/records.shtml
                    http://www.fandangosinspace.com/i/fis_us_front_cover_big.jpg

                    Great band !!.

                    All the best,
                    Tomás-.
                    n.p.: Ñu / A Golpe de Látigo (1980): great second effort of this
                    band from Spain active nowdays: still hints of Jethro Tull but
                    definitely, their sound is becoming a little bit more *agressive*,
                    not a bad thing at all, some of the magic of their 1st work: *Cuentos
                    de Ayer y de Hoy* (1978) is there...!.

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 1, 2006
                      I have the US-edition too.

                      I sent the Carmen-link to a friend and he replied with this video-link:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYfREuIGrVA&search=osmutantes

                      Not that its quite comparable, but its kind of weird too :-)
                      I think the brazilian minister of culture is involved here.

                      --- In avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com, "Tomas Casanova"

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 1, 2006
                        Is their stuff still in print?
                      • Tomas Casanova
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 1, 2006
                          Os Mutantes back in the 60´s !?,

                          GREAT video-archival Michael IMO !!.
                          Thanks !.

                          BTW: Brasil 0 / France 1, now, we don´t have an american team at the
                          World Cup... :-( !!

                          Cheers,
                          Tomás-.
                          n.p.: Screaming Headless Torsos / Live ! : ahhhh-Great !

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jul 1, 2006
                            Michael:

                            I don´t know for shure, but maybe Greg Walker´s Syn-Phonic ?
                            You can try at Ebay too, for example, *Fandangos in Space* is
                            available !(end time: 8hrs. 23 minuts.), *The Gypsies* too by the same
                            guy:

                            http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZabsolutmbQQhtZ-1

                            All the best,
                            Tomás-.
                            n.p.: SHT / Live !-.

                            Michael Feathers wrote:

                            > Is their stuff still in print?

                          • greg
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jul 1, 2006
                              I remember her from the 1st LP cover alright...hottest prog chick ever,
                              don't know that the schtick has weathered so well tho
                              Dr greg

                            • Meidad Zaharia
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jul 1, 2006
                                Hello guys,

                                Did anyone bought the new edition of the box? I got the older one without the DVD.
                                How is the DVD? And I would love a copy of the DVD for a trade of course ;-)

                                Thanks,

                                Meidad

                                http://mail.yahoo.com