Re: [avant-progressive] debile menthol "emile au jardin patrologique"

  • Raoul Rabut
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2001
      on 1/02/01 4:27, mark jung at markvj@... wrote:

      > "patrologique"? sounds like a pun with the entendre being "psychotic
      > patrolling" - (...is that one closer? ;^)

      To my knowledge (and unless it's a very obscure scientific term),
      "patrologique" doesn't exist. It's a play on words: it stands for "pas trop
      logique", which means "not too logical".

      Raoul.
    • Caleb T. Deupree
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2001
        At 03:27 AM 2/1/01, mark jung wrote:
        >"patrologique"? sounds like a pun with the entendre being "psychotic
        >patrolling" - (...is that one closer? ;^)

        My apologies. I'd always remembered the title as 'jardin pat_h_ologique',
        but after this discussion I checked again, and indeed it is 'jardin
        pat_r_ologique.' I'd have to agree with Raoul, not too logical, although I
        think there's a hint of pathological in there too.

        Makes me want to hear the music again too...

        --
        Caleb Deupree
        cdeupree@...

        How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

        -- Satchel Paige