- Abus Dangereux -

  • Tomas Casanova
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2006
      Hello everyone ! This came on Greg Walker´s newsletter: IMO, one of the greatest works from France !!. With no doubt, go for it !! Highest recommendations on this one !! Best, Tomás-. n.p.: The Soft Machine Legacy / Live in Zaandam !!!. http://www.synphonic.8m.com/index.htm FRANCE ABUS DANGEREUX - LE QUATRIEME MOUVEMENT $18 Limited copies available of this great fusion album from 1979. For fans of Magma and Zao

      PROGRESSIVE CD's

      BELGIUM CALOMNE, LAURENT - MONSTRES ET CHIMERES $15 Neo classical influenced electronic music
      GHIRIBIZZI - PAN?TA RHEI $15 Symphonic progressive in early Marillion style
      SIOBAN - L.O.V.E. $16 Emotionally powerful melodic neo prog/symph
      UNIVERS ZERO - LIVE $13

      CANADA MANEIGE - NI VENT...NI NOUVELLE $16 Reissues of classic French-Canadian progressive. Each with bonus tracks
      - LIBRE SERVICE $16

      CHILE ENTRANCE - ODISEA $15 3rd studio album
      EVOLUCION - UMBRALES $15 2nd studio album

      FINLAND VIIMA - AJATUKSIA MAAILMAN LAIDALTA $18 Absolutely stunning symph/prog with folk leanings, female vocals, weaving synths and a heavy Mellow Candle influence. Essential!

      FRANCE ABUS DANGEREUX - LE QUATRIEME MOUVEMENT $18 Limited copies available of this great fusion album from 1979. For fans of Magma and Zao
      GRANCHER, PHILIPPE - 3000 MILES AWAY $16 Mainly composed using piano and synths this has a striking similarity to the first Clearlight album. From 1977
      JANEYRAND, GILLES - SAME (JAPANESE POOR HOUSE MINI LP SLEEVE) $20 Soft symphonic with nice orchestral arrangements and mellotron
      NEMO - SI PARTIE I $16
      RIPAILLE - LA VIEILLE QUE L?ON BRULA $15 Symphonic folk classic from 1977
      SEBKHA-CHOTT - NAGAH MAHDI ~ OPUSCRITS EN 48 ROULEAUX $15 Very unique album that switches from prog to fusion to prog metal to jazz to even reggae. Recommended!
      THIBAULT, LAURENT - MAIS ON NE PEUT PAS REVER TOUT LE TEMPS $15 Symph/prog from 1979 full of beauty and sophistication

      GERMANY AMBER LIGHT, THE - AS THEY CAME THEY SLIGHTLY DISAPPEARED (EP) $11
      - STRANGER & STRANGERS (EP) $11
      APOGEE - ON THE AFTERTASTE $16
      NERONIA - NEROTICA $15 A lot like Saga and Rush
      POOR GENETIC MATERIAL - SPRING TIDINGS $15
      RICOCHET - ZARAH: A TEARTOWN STORY $13 Heavy neo progressive concept album

      GREECE TULIPE NOIRE, LA - NOSTIMON HEMAR $15

      ITALY BELLA BAND - SAME (DIGIPACK REMASTER) $20 Jazz rock classic from 1978
      CELESTE - SECOND PLUS $16 Back in print!
      COMBOJAZZ - NO SPEED $16 Six piece jazz rock band made up of keyboards, bass, drums, sax, trombone and clarinet
      DAEMONIA - LIVE IN LOS ANGELES (CD + DVD) $25
      EDERA - AND MOUTH DISAPPEARS $16 2nd album
      FUNGUS - CAREFUL! Spacey psychedelic progressive with female vocals. Brings to mind Syd Barrett era Pink Floyd, Gong and Ozric Tentacles
      GOAD - THE WOOD: DEDICATED TO H.P. LOVECRAFT? LYRICS $16 Genesis, Pink Floyd vibe to this band that has quite a few private releases under their belt
      MASCHERA DI CERA, LA - LUX ADE (ITALIAN MINI LP SLEEVE) $20 New 3rd studio album
      MASS MEDIA - OPACITA SCURA $16 Live album from 1978 by this great progressive fusion band in the style of Arti E Mestieri
      STRATOS, DEMETRIO - CONCERTO ALL?ELFO (DIGIPACK REMASTER) $20
      YLECLIPSE, THE - OPUS $16
      ZAPPA, RICCARDO - CELESTION (ITALIAN MINI LP SLEEVE) $20

      JAPAN
      FROG FLAVOR - SPACE OF MAGIC $15 Instrumental fusion trio
      ROUND HOUSE - 3-D $15 Excellent new studio album

      MEXICO CAST - MOSAIQUE (2 CD) $20

      NETHERLANDS, THE KING EIDER - SOMATERIA SPECTABILIS $15 Symph/prog concept album with a classic Camel feel with members of Nice Beaver, Cliffhanger and Knight Area

      NORWAY GARGAMEL - WATCH FOR THE UMBLES $16 Mellotron, hammond organ, cello soaked prog in the style of King Crimson, Anekdoten and Van Der Graaf Generator
      THULE - ULTIMA THULE $18 Rare 1st album reissue by this Pink Floyd inspired group but with an overall dark grungy approach
      - LIQUID $18 New studio

      POLAND ALBION - WABIAC CIENE $15 And after years of silence here?s a new studio album
      BELIEVE - HOPE TO SEE ANOTHER DAY $16 Excellent neo prog led by Mirek Gil of Collage and Satellite and similar in style
      RIVERSIDE - SECOND LIFE SYNDROME (DIGIPACK) $15 Polish import digipack pressing
      SKRZEK, JOZEF - PAMIETNIK KAROLINY $15
      - OJCIEC CHRZESTNY DOMINIKA (MINI LP SLEEVE) $18
      - WOJNA SWIATOW (WAR OF THE WORLDS) (MINI LP SLEEVE) $18

      SPAIN AGAMENON - TODOS RIEN DE MI $18 Acid psych rock rarity from 1975
      ALTAIR - 3 (LIVE IN BARCELONA 2000) $16 Heavy keyboard trio
      GANBARA - HARAT HONAT (JAPANESE POOR HOUSE MINI LP SLEEVE) $20 Basque folk with female vocals
      IA-BATISTE - UN GRAND DIA $18 Jordi Batiste & friends including Max Sunyer from Iceberg blending progressive with psych and folk rock
      NU - A GOLPE DE LATIGO $18 After years of waiting it's back. Spanish Tull

      OCTOBER EQUUS - SAME $16 King Crimson, Anglagard, Gentle Giant and Univers Zero echo throughout their music. Great!

      SWEDEN BRIGHTEYE BRISON - STORIES $15 2nd album
      FLOWER KINGS, THE - PARADOX HOTEL (2 CD) $18
      ISRAEL, FRED - FASHIONS OF MOON (JAPANESE POOR HOUSE MINI LP SLEEVE) $20 Obscure 1977 jazzy prog/symph album made up of 3 long tracks with mellotron
      MR BROWN - MELLAN TRE OGON $16 1977 Symphonic rock somewhere between Camel and Pink Floyd. 1st legit reissue
      ORESUND SPACE COLLECTIVE - SAME $16 Simply put, this is one of the best progressive electronic space rock albums I have ever heard. A must!
      ZEN - THE SOUND OF SHIT HAPPENING $16 Wonderful progressive/psych space rock

      SWITZERLAND CHANGES - THE GROWING NUMBER $16 Symph/prog project that I thought was long out of print but I just some copies
      WILLIAM RED ROSSI - THREE $16 Neo symph/prog with Peter Gabriel leanings
      ZENIT - PRAVRITTI $16 Symph/prog somewhere in the middle of Genesis and Marillion
      - SURRENDER (DIGIPACK) $16

      U.K.
      FANTASY - PAINT A PICTURE (+ 7 BONUS TRACKS) $18 Early 70?s prog/symph classic. New edition with bonus tracks
      GENTLE GIANT - GG AT THE GG (CD + DVD) $27
      JENNINGS, IAIN - BREATHING SPACE $16 Mostly Autumn keyboardist and stays real close to the Mostly Autumn sound
      MOSTLY AUTUMN - STORMS OVER LONDON TOWN $18
      OUT OF DARKNESS - SAME (+ BONUS TRACK) $18 Christian psych/rock from 1970

      PERERIN - TEITHGAN $18 Wonderful Welsh folk/prog
      RENAISSANCE - BRITISH TOUR ?76 $18 Great concert released by the Major League Productions label
      21ST CENTURY SCHIZOID BAND - PICTURES OF A CITY: LIVE IN NEW YORK (2 CD DIGIPACK) $18

      USA FRENCH TV - THIS IS WHAT WE DO $12
      MORSE, TIM - TRANSFORMATION $12 Keyboard progressive trio with heavy hints of ELP, Genesis and Kansas
      SONIC MUSIC - THE PRISONER $12 Keyboard filled symph/prog resembling Genesis and ELP
      TEMPEST - 15TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION (3 CD ) $28

      YUGOSLAVIA JUTRO - DOBRO JUTRO (JAPANESE POOR HOUSE MINI LP SLEEVE) $20 Jazz rock from 1975 and quite a bit similar to Leb I Sol

      TRIBUTE CD?s HIGHER & HIGHER - A TRIBUTE TO THE MOODY BLUES (3 CD) $30 Mikromidas, Ryan Guidry, In the Labyrinth, Hamadryad, Yolk, Joe Turner & The Seven Levels, Sonic Pulsar, Cinnamonia, Gap Party, Quarkspace, Faveravola, Jeff Bragg, Mystery, Floating State, Extreme Reaction Force, Algebra, Rousseau, Ines Tremis, Darxtar, Goad, Steve Tassler, Marco Masoni, Conqueror, Akacia, Sarax, Fantasyy Factoryy, Tantra, Spirits Burning, Farpoint, Ajalon, The Yleclipse, Church Of Hed, Elegant Simplicity, Ubi Maior, Tired Tree, Time Traveller, The Rob Sbar Noesis, Flamborough Head, Roz Vitalis, Scope, Steve Spergunzie & The Lysergic Act

      VARIOUS ARTISTS CD?s MUSIC TO FEED YOUR HEAD - AN ECLECTIC SAMPLER $16 East Of Eden, Locomotive, Egg, Touch, Khan, Nektar, Mandalaband, Caravan, Woolly Wolstenholme, Clive John

      JAPANESE MINI LP SLEEVE CD?s ARS NOVA - FEAR & ANXIETY (+ 2 BONUS TRACKS) $20
      - TRANSI (+ BONUS TRACK) $20
      - GODDESS OF DARKNESS (+ BONUS TRACK) $20
      - THE BOOK OF THE DEAD (+ BONUS TRACK) $20
      - ANDROID DOMINA (+ BONUS TRACK) $20
      - LACRIMARIA (+ 2 BONUS TRACKS) $20
      ATOMIC ROOSTER - SAME (+ 5 BONUS TRACKS) $35
      - DEATH WALKS BEHIND YOU (+ 6 BONUS TRACKS) $35
      - IN HEARING OF (+ 3 BONUS TRACKS) $35
      - MADE IN ENGLAND (GIMMICK SLEEVE + 8 BONUS TRACKS) $35

      JADE WARRIOR - SAME $30
      - RELEASED $30
      - LAST AUTUMN?S DREAM $30
      KING CRIMSON - IN THE COURT OF THE CRIMSON KING $3
      - IN THE WAKE OF POSEIDON $30
      - LIZARD $30
      - ISLANDS $30
      - EARTHBOUND $30
      - LARKS? TONGUES IN ASPIC
      - STARLESS & BIBLE BLACK $30
      - RED $30
      - USA $30

      DVD?s DAEMONIA - LIVE IN LOS ANGELES (DVD + CD) $25
      FOCUS - LIVE AT THE RAINBOW THEATRE 1973 (DVD-R) $20
      GENTLE GIANT GENTLE GIANT - GG AT THE GG (DVD + CD) $27
      HOWE, STEVE - LIVE IN WASHINGTON 2002 (DVD-R) $20
      LAZULI - SAME $20 A great surprise was this band at Baja Prog. One of the best new French prog bands
      MAGMA - LIVE 1977-2002 COMPILATION (DVD-R) $20
      SPACED OUT - LIVE IN 2000 $18
      TRANSATLANTIC - BUILDING THE BRIDGE & LIVE IN AMERICA $18
      WAKEMAN, RICK - OUT THERE $18
      YES - THE UNION TOUR LIVE IN DENVER 1991 (DVD-R) $20

      LP?s AKRITAS - SAME (+ 7? SINGLE) $42
      PERERIN - TEITHGAN $25
      TOURNAS, KOSTAS - APERANTA CHORAFIA (+ POSTER) $40

      BOOK THE FRENCH FOLK MAGIC TIME GUIDE - VINYLS COLLECTORS 1965-1989 $50 Pictures and info on all the folk rarities

      var doc = document var form = document.form var form1 = document.form1 var form2 = document.form2 var errno = 0 arg=window.location.search;//AK if (!refreshing) { if (arg.length > 6 & arg.substring(0, 7) == 'bgcolor') color(arg.substring(8, arg.length)) f = eval('parent.' + self.name + 'Init') if (f) f() }

    • Renato Moraes
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2006
        Tomas,

        This was released (800 copies) in 2001 and I tought it was over already. It is really a wonderful album, but I do not think it is for magma fans. Lots of people say it is Zeuhl and for me the female vocals come from the brazilian bossa nova and not from Zeuhl.

        Abus has more 3 good Lps not available on CD, Happy French Band, Live and BIS. They are good but not as good as Le Quatrieme. The later Cds called just Abus are not that good and sounds to me like happy jazz.

        An interesting note, they changed the order of tracks on the CD in reelation to the Lp, and we I listened for the 1st time I had a starnge felling that somethingwas wrong, until I checked the tarcks with my LP.

        Renato

        Tomas Casanova <tfcc2003@...> wrote:
        http://www.synphonic.8m.com/index.htm FRANCE ABUS DANGEREUX - LE QUATRIEME MOUVEMENT $18 Limited copies available of this great fusion album from 1979. For fans of Magma and Zao

      • Mark Jung
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2006
          I was surprised to see this too - they must have found some copies. I
          was thrilled to find a used copy at a local store last weekend (I've
          been looking for it forever), and like Renato, wasn't sure I was
          listening to the same album (the CD replaced my LP-burned copy) - the
          tracks are definitely not the same order as the LP. Good stuff, though.

          Still looking for HFB and Bis, if anybody can help -

          Mark

          Palace of Lights
          www.palaceoflights.com

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1, 2006
            Hello,
            thanks Renato for your explanation !
            Mark, I´m still looking for HFB and Bis too, so, let me know please
            if you find something !

            Renato, the cd that I have is the *021* ( culture press ):
            *recorded at rockstar studio ( london )in december, 1979 ( this cd is
            the remastered version of the ORIGINAL l.p. )*, so, the tracks aren´t
            in the same way as the l.p. ?

            Some more liner notes:
            *...One of the best French jazz-rock L.P.´s in recent memory. The
            appoach harkens back to the golden days of Zao, Magma, Gong... A
            tight rhythm section serves as the backdrop over which guitar,
            keyboards and female voice dance, counterpointing each other a
            delicate interwining. Cerebral, melodic sections alternate with high
            energy jams most efectively. Definitive french fusion...* ( eurock
            music magazine-nov. 1980 )

            Renato, I think that this description works better than Greg´s IMO.

            Thanks for share my friends,
            best,
            Tomás-.
            n.p.: another *winner*: Kure V Hodinkach / Flamengo !!

            --- In avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com, Mark Jung <markjung@...>
            wrote:

            > I was surprised to see this too - they must have found some copies.
            > was thrilled to find a used copy at a local store last weekend
            (I've
            > been looking for it forever), and like Renato, wasn't sure I was
            > listening to the same album (the CD replaced my LP-burned copy) -
            the
            > tracks are definitely not the same order as the LP. Good stuff,
            though.

            > Still looking for HFB and Bis, if anybody can help -
            >
            > Mark
            >

            > Palace of Lights
            > www.palaceoflights.com
            >
            > On Apr 1, 2006, at 7:56 AM, Renato Moraes wrote:
            >
            > > Tomas,
            > >
            > > This was released (800 copies) in 2001 and I tought it was
            over
            > > already. It is really a wonderful album, but I do not think it is
            for
            > > magma fans. Lots of people say it is Zeuhl and for me the female
            > > vocals come from the brazilian bossa nova and not from Zeuhl.
            > >
            > > Abus has more 3 good Lps not available on CD, Happy French
            Band,
            > > Live and BIS. They are good but not as good as Le Quatrieme. The
            later
            > > Cds called just Abus are not that good and sounds to me like
            happy
            > > jazz.
            > >
            > > An interesting note, they changed the order of tracks on the
            CD in
            > > reelation to the Lp, and we I listened for the 1st time I had a
            > > starnge felling that somethingwas wrong, until I checked the
            tarcks
            > > with my LP.
            > >
            > > Renato
            > >

            > > Tomas Casanova <tfcc2003@...> wrote:
            > > http://www.synphonic.8m.com/index.htm FRANCE ABUS
            DANGEREUX
            > > - LE QUATRIEME MOUVEMENT $18 Limited copies available of this
            great
            > > fusion album from 1979. For fans of Magma and Zao

          • Bob Netherton
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 1, 2006
              Tomas,

              You beat me to it. I saw that in Greg's latest email as well and
              wanted to tell the world about it :-)

              On Sat, 2006-04-01 at 05:56 -0800, Renato Moraes wrote:
              > This was released (800 copies) in 2001 and I tought it was over
              > already. It is really a wonderful album, but I do not think it
              > is for magma fans. Lots of people say it is Zeuhl and for me the
              > female vocals come from the brazilian bossa nova and not from Zeuhl.

              I don't hear the Zeuhl bits either. OK, a casual listen and you
              might think Eskaton, but that's really superficial. This is a
              perfect example of continental Canterbury (like early Cos).
              One of my favorites, glad to see some copies are about for this
              that missed it the first time.

              I hope that a few of the others will see a reissue in the future.
              Wonderful music that needs to be heard by a wider audience.

              Bob

              ps: its Canterbury, Canterbury, Canterbury, baked beans, and
              Canterbury :-)
            • sdavmor
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 1, 2006
                Bob Netherton wrote:
                > Tomas,
                >
                > You beat me to it. I saw that in Greg's latest email as well and
                > wanted to tell the world about it :-)
                >

                > On Sat, 2006-04-01 at 05:56 -0800, Renato Moraes wrote:
                >> This was released (800 copies) in 2001 and I tought it was over
                >> already. It is really a wonderful album, but I do not think it is
                >> for magma fans. Lots of people say it is Zeuhl and for me the
                >> female vocals come from the brazilian bossa nova and not from
                >> Zeuhl.
                >
                > I don't hear the Zeuhl bits either. OK, a casual listen and you
                > might think Eskaton, but that's really superficial. This is a
                > perfect example of continental Canterbury (like early Cos). One of
                > my favorites, glad to see some copies are about for this that
                > missed it the first time.
                >
                > I hope that a few of the others will see a reissue in the future.
                > Wonderful music that needs to be heard by a wider audience.
                >

                > Bob
                >
                > ps: its Canterbury, Canterbury, Canterbury, baked beans, and
                > Canterbury :-)

                This sounds like an album I need to track down. The combination of
                elements sounds like a winner to me.
                --
                Cheers, and thanks
                SDM -- a 21st century schizoid man