Re: [avant-progressive] Re: Caiman

  • Frank Camiola
    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 31, 2006
      Not quick, but dependable (for me, at least).

      Frankie
    • otomstreet@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 24 , Feb 1, 2006
        Hi Brian,

        I wasn't offended but i felt I had to speakup. I've never bought from them via Half.com, it has always been via Amazon. Like I said before you do have to check back after a day or so to make sure the item isn't on back order. I've just recently figured out how to order from them direct and plan to do that for my next batch of Jazz Blue Note RVG Editions.

        Thom

        From: "Brian K" <brian011879@...>
        > Hi Steve,
        >
        > Sorry, I don't know how I got that number stuck in my head. I think
        > I'd gotten it confused with another label. I checked back, and
        > CDUniverse.com carries 190 Cuneiform titles, from what it read.
        >
        > Chris, Thom, and Mike,
        >
        > I'm sorry if I offended you. They probably are a decent place, I just
        > had some bad luck with them; might still get the Weber CD, I don't
        > know. Do you guys go through them directly, or through Half.com?
        >
        > Take Care,
        > Brian
        >

        > --- In avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com, CuneiWay@a... wrote:
        > >
        > > Brian,
        > >

        > > > With these big places, it really is a hit-or-miss shot with them.
        > > > can safely recommend CDUniverse.com, though, as I buy from them
        > 95%
        > > > of the time (they have over 400 Cuneiform titles!).
        > > >

        > > We don't HAVE 400 titles! laff.
        > >
        > > Steve

        > Community email addresses:
        > Post message: avant-progressive@...
        > Subscribe: avant-progressive-subscribe@...
        >
        > Shortcut URL to this page:
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Brian K
        Message 3 of 24 , Feb 1, 2006
          Hi Thom,

          I didn't know this about them beforehand, and didn't think once about
          backordered titles. CDUniverse.com is the exact same way; have to
          call their toll-free number first before ordering, as one can't trust
          whether the site says it's in stock or not.

          Take Care,
          Brian

          --- In avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com, otomstreet@... wrote:

          > Hi Brian,
          >
          > I wasn't offended but i felt I had to speakup. I've never bought
          from them via Half.com, it has always been via Amazon. Like I said
          before you do have to check back after a day or so to make sure the
          item isn't on back order. I've just recently figured out how to order
          from them direct and plan to do that for my next batch of Jazz Blue
          Note RVG Editions.

          > Thom

          > From: "Brian K" <brian011879@...>
          > > Hi Steve,
          > >
          > > Sorry, I don't know how I got that number stuck in my head. I
          think
          > > I'd gotten it confused with another label. I checked back, and
          > > CDUniverse.com carries 190 Cuneiform titles, from what it read.
          > >
          > > Chris, Thom, and Mike,
          > >
          > > I'm sorry if I offended you. They probably are a decent place, I
          just
          > > had some bad luck with them; might still get the Weber CD, I
          don't
          > > know. Do you guys go through them directly, or through Half.com?
          > >
          > > Take Care,
          > > Brian
          > >

          > > --- In avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com, CuneiWay@a... wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Brian,

          > > 95%
          > > > >

          > > > We don't HAVE 400 titles! laff.
          > > >
          > > > Steve

          > > Community email addresses:
          > > Post message: avant-progressive@...
          > > Subscribe: avant-progressive-subscribe@...
          > >
          > > Shortcut URL to this page:
          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Renato Moraes
          Message 4 of 24 , Feb 2, 2006
            Brian,

            It is fine, no worries. Bad experiences do happen, and they happen with us as well.

            I used to buy from CDConnection.com. They are very very friendly, fast and sometimes they really go behind of what you want. I wrote them once placing an especial order on a CD by Huybrechts (it is VERY HARD to find even in Brussels). They got it!

            Renato

          • dj faké
            Message 5 of 24 , Feb 5, 2006
              Caiman has quite a sordid history. They were originally World Music
              Distribution, a distributor of (you guessed it) world music, based on
              the west coast. They relocated to Miami and had a huge flood, lawsuits
              and amassed a $4M (yes, million!) chapter 11 - to emerge as a reseller
              through half.com, amazon associates and ebay whatever, and of course, a
              bonafide "dot com"
              http://www.caimansource.com/

            • Renato Moraes
              Message 6 of 24 , Feb 6, 2006
                hi all,
                I have/know just a few CDs by Guigou Chenevier and I like them very much. I have just got Arthur et Les Robots that is very interesting, but, unfortunatelly, too short.

                There are some starnge and interesting facts I noticed. Only 18 tracks are listed on back cover, but CD has 31 tracks. On the inner cover it is written Guigou is author of all music and lyrics, but track 19 is the beginning of Jack the Ripper by Denis & Trigaux! My edition is on Gazul Label (Musea subsidiary label). I think it was released previously on another label. Does anyone know if they say there are music by other authors in previous edition? I am just curious.

                anyway, it is a very nice CD I recommend to people that likes Guigou´s work.

                Rgds
                Renato

                Message 7 of 24 , Feb 6, 2006
                  Hi,

                  I need to listen to my vinyl copy (which was released on a different label,
                  of course), but I think tha tthis is the the same as the original copy.

                  re: Jack The Ripper: Guigou was NOT a UZ fan, but was associated with them
                  and played concerts with them with Etron Fou, so he probably thought it was
                  funny to turn Jack The Ripper into a jolly little tune.

                  Lastly - you know that this is actually a record for children?

                  Steve

                  >     I have/know just a few CDs by Guigou Chenevier and I like them very
                  > much. I have just got Arthur et Les Robots that is very interesting, but,
                  > unfortunatelly, too short.
                  >
                  >     There are some starnge and  interesting facts I noticed. Only 18 tracks
                  > are listed on back cover, but CD has 31 tracks. On the inner cover it is
                  > written Guigou is author of all music and lyrics, but track 19 is the beginning
                  > of Jack the Ripper by Denis & Trigaux! My edition is on Gazul Label (Musea
                  > subsidiary label). I think it was  released previously on another label. Does
                  > anyone know if they say there are music by other authors in previous edition? I
                  > am just curious.

                • Renato Moraes
                  Message 8 of 24 , Feb 6, 2006
                    Hi Steve,
                    Thanks - it is a very NICE concept!

                    Sleep honey, if you do not do so now, Jack The Ripper will be here to help you!

                    Very helpful for some childrem I know

                    :o)

                    CuneiWay@... wrote:
                    Hi,

                    I need to listen to my vinyl copy (which was released on a different label,
                    of course), but I think tha tthis is the the same as the original copy.

                    re: Jack The Ripper: Guigou was NOT a UZ fan, but was associated with them
                    and played concerts with them with Etron Fou, so he probably thought it was
                    funny to turn Jack The Ripper into a jolly little tune.

                    Lastly - you know that this is actually a record for children?

                    Steve

                    > I have/know just a few CDs by Guigou Chenevier and I like them very
                    > much. I have just got Arthur et Les Robots that is very interesting, but,
                    > unfortunatelly, too short.
                    >
                    > There are some starnge and interesting facts I noticed. Only 18 tracks
                    > are listed on back cover, but CD has 31 tracks. On the inner cover it is
                    > written Guigou is author of all music and lyrics, but track 19 is the beginning
                    > of Jack the Ripper by Denis & Trigaux! My edition is on Gazul Label (Musea
                    > subsidiary label). I think it was released previously on another label. Does
                    > anyone know if they say there are music by other authors in previous edition? I
                    > am just curious.

                    Subscribe: avant-progressive-subscribe@...

                    Alternative music Pop rock Alternative rock music Pop rock music Alternative rock bands List of alternative rock bands

                    ---------------------------------

                  • Michael Anton Parker
                    Message 9 of 24 , Feb 6, 2006
                      this album makes me wish I knew French because it is very heavy on spoken
                      word... I can't say it's essential for EFL fans, but it has a few sweet
                      spots and of course any drop of Chenevier is precious...

                      Mike

                      np: Catherine Ribeiro and 2Bis

                    • StoOdin101@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 24 , Feb 6, 2006
                        I've ordered 4 discs from them in my time: 3 Daniel Lentz discs on Aoede and 1 disc by L'Occidentale de Fanfare. All 4 came without any problem, in a reasonable amount of time, and in good condition.

                        "Well, here I am! Massacre started yet? Fireworks gone off? BALLOON gone up?"