Re: Ferdinand Richard/Chenevier/Meillier

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 3, 2005
      Hi

      There are three Les i albums (NONE on CD afaik). I believe (records at
      home/Steve at work) that you are missing the 1st one (on Celluloid) which was self
      titled.

      AND, for Michael A.P., the drummer Dominique Lentin who made that album you
      like so much with Takumi Fukushima, was the drummer for Les i.

      LOVE those matching suits! I have a photo Bruno sent me many years ago (a
      posed publicity shot) of them all in their 'les i' suits!

      Steve

      Anyone going to mention these two awesome Etron-related LES I albums!?:

      LES I "Ou Bien"
      LES I "Dans L'Nemisphere Nord"

      They've got Bruno!!! He's a co-founder. Both are excellent, are there
      others?

    • Pierre Tassone
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 3, 2005
        And for those who like this group, don't forget Virgule 4, formed by Les I's
        bassist - Christiane Cohade - and where you'll also find Dominique Lentin
        (another woman) + 2 other ladies forming thus a purely female band with RIO
        inspiration as well as Pierre moerlen's Gong (many percussive aspects here).
        Their 1988 album "Des Accords D'Accord" is still available as LP.

        Pierre

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 3, 2005
          Pierre writes:

          Dominique Lentin (another woman)

          I've met Dominique - maybe I spelled his name wrong, but he's a guy!

        • Michael Anton Parker
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 3, 2005
            [Pierre] And for those who like this group, don't forget Virgule 4,
            formed by Les I's bassist - Christiane Cohade - and where you'll also
            find Dominique Lentin
            (another woman) + 2 other ladies forming thus a purely female band with RIO
            inspiration as well as Pierre moerlen's Gong (many percussive aspects here).
            Their 1988 album "Des Accords D'Accord" is still available as LP.

            [Steve] I've met Dominique - maybe I spelled his name wrong, but he's a guy!

            [MikeP] Whew, thanks Steve, after reading Pierre's email I was set to
            dig out that tiny photo on the Lentin/Fukushima album, sure looked
            male to me! And I'd recently talked to Jason Willett about the time
            Jason had brought him to play in MD years back without any pronominal
            adjustments!

            Pierre, I googled and figured out it's Isabelle Lentin, presumaly a
            relation, that you were thinking of. Here's what I found:

            [http://www.netsoundsmusic.com/se/1008.shtml%5d VOE Serre-Moi Fort CD
            France This duo is composed of Isabelle LENTIN (Ex-member of the
            all-female group VIRGULE IV), who sings and plays drums and accordion,
            and Franoise PROBST, who sings and plays cello and percussion. VOE's
            music is in the vein of ETRON FOU LELOUBLAN, PIEDS DE POU 3815 13.29

            [MikeP] This sounds awesome!!!! Sounds made to order for my tastes!

            This Les i thing sounds huge, never heard a note from this band. What
            a gap! Thanks Cesar and Steve for the tip!!!! Whoa, some really
            important music to dig up...

            Mike Parker
            SE Pennsylvania

            np: Wim Mertens _Strategie de la Rupture_

            Die ganzen Zahlen hat der liebe Gott gemacht, alles andere ist
            Menschenwerk. (Leopold Kronecker)
          • Pierre Tassone
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 3, 2005
              Mea Culpa, sorry!