Dominique Lentin and Takumi Fukushima

  • Michael Anton Parker
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2005
      I've been LOVING this album for years (bought it from Wayside way back
      when for some unknown reason, really a very random purchase) and it
      seems like nobody ever talks about it! It's so great! I finally
      wrote a review of it today. Here's the link:
      http://www.bagatellen.com/archives/reviews/000979.html
      Feedback and comments (which can be posted directly on that website
      for convenience and reference) are sought! I tried to look at it from
      a very general perspective, not assuming any kind of
      "avant-chamber-prog" frame of reference.
      Basically, anyone into Volap√ľk and Bittova/Fajt should know this
      album! It ranges from killer to magical!

      Also, I seek the advice of people here on how to hear the 2nd and 3rd
      Rale albums and the group called Arminius that I've never heard of
      before but saw a reference to googling today! Even in 2005 it's still
      incredibly difficult to find some things! Sometimes I wonder if
      musicians even care if their work is available... Why is it like
      pulling teeth so often? The people who really care to hear things
      jump through hoops and come up emptyhanded...

      Mike Parker
      SE Pennsylvania

      np: People s/t (Incredible new post-math avant-pop album by
      guitar/vocal and drumkit duo!! Has anyone else been digging this one
      yet? It's so great!!!! I'm so hooked on it!!!)

      Die ganzen Zahlen hat der liebe Gott gemacht, alles andere ist
      Menschenwerk. (Leopold Kronecker)