Kimmo Pohjonen and Samuli Kosminen with Trey Gunn and Pat Mastelotto

  • Scott Steele
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 30, 2005
      >Torrent details for "KTU ( TREY GUNN, PAT MASTELOTTO, KIMMO POHJONEN, SAMULI KOSMINEN) MOERS, GERMANY JAZZ FESTIVAL 13.MAY. 2005"
      http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=48461

      I say Go For It Jarmo - S.

      np: Yes in Vancouver in 1976

    • khupje
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 28, 2005
        --- In avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Steele"
        <scottst@o...> wrote:
        > >Torrent details for "KTU ( TREY GUNN, PAT MASTELOTTO, KIMMO
        POHJONEN, SAMULI KOSMINEN) MOERS, GERMANY JAZZ FESTIVAL 13.MAY. 2005"
        > http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=48461

        It's amazing, go and get it.
      • Pierre Tassone
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 28, 2005
          Well, before we get a choir of enthusiasts hailing the newly found Napster
          clone, it would be fair to also warn that you have to register and give your
          mail! Rejoice afterwards if you accept the conditions!

          Pierre

          > >Torrent details for "KTU ( TREY GUNN, PAT MASTELOTTO, KIMMO
          POHJONEN, SAMULI KOSMINEN) MOERS, GERMANY JAZZ FESTIVAL 13.MAY. 2005"
          > http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=48461

          It's amazing, go and get it.

          Subscribe: avant-progressive-subscribe@...

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • khupje
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 30, 2005
            Pierre,

            You're right on most torrent sites. But dimeadozen is another thing.
            They only focus on live recordings. If it's legaly available the
            torrent is banned. I've been a member for some time and I'm very
            pleased the way they do their job. Due to Dimeadozen sellers of
            private concert recordings don't make a buck anymore over the heads of
            the artists. Do pay their site a visit.

            Karel

            --- In avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com, "Pierre Tassone"
            <musbymail@g...> wrote:
            > Well, before we get a choir of enthusiasts hailing the newly found
            Napster
            > clone, it would be fair to also warn that you have to register and
            give your
            > mail! Rejoice afterwards if you accept the conditions!
            >
            > Pierre

          • Michael Feathers
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 31, 2005
              I just read on wikipedia that there is going to a Soft Machine biography
              published this September by Graham Bennett. Does anyone know anything
              more about this? Amazon doesn't seem to.
            • Michael Feathers
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 31, 2005
                Michael Feathers wrote:

                > I just read on wikipedia that there is going to a Soft Machine biography
                > published this September by Graham Bennett. Does anyone know anything
                > more about this? Amazon doesn't seem to.

                Foolish me. Looks like amazon.co.uk has it:
                http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0946719845
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 31, 2005
                  >I just read on wikipedia that there is going to a Soft Machine biography
                  >published this September by Graham Bennett. Does anyone know anything
                  >more about this? Amazon doesn't seem to.

                  Don't know who is publishing it, and I don't know when.

                  I have read an early draft of it which I was given to proof (non-expert that
                  I am, I caught one error that specifically had to do with Cuneiform's CDs by
                  the Softs).

                  I enjoyed it and it is absolutely well worth reading if you're a fan. I
                  hadn't realised how much of a financial struggle the band had had for basically
                  their entire existence....

                  Steve
                • Michael Feathers
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 31, 2005
                    CuneiWay@... wrote:

                    > >I just read on wikipedia that there is going to a Soft Machine biography
                    > >published this September by Graham Bennett. Does anyone know anything
                    > >more about this? Amazon doesn't seem to.
                    >
                    > Don't know who is publishing it, and I don't know when.
                    >
                    > I have read an early draft of it which I was given to proof
                    > (non-expert that
                    > I am, I caught one error that specifically had to do with Cuneiform's
                    > CDs by
                    > the Softs).
                    >
                    > I enjoyed it and it is absolutely well worth reading if you're a fan. I
                    > hadn't realised how much of a financial struggle the band had had for
                    > basically
                    > their entire existence....

                    Steve, does it seem like it gives good coverage of their classic line up
                    period? The cover looks like it it might be David Allen and Kevin
                    Ayers. Others might know far better than I:
                    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0946719845/qid=1122857582

                    Michael (pre-ordered the book on amazon.co.uk because I am a fanatic)
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 1 12:35 PM
                      Michael

                      > Steve, does it seem like it gives good coverage of their classic line up
                      > period?  The cover looks like it it might be David Allen and Kevin
                      > Ayers.

                      It covers everything. That was was the most interesting thing about it.
                      Treats it all as a continuous thing as it chugs down the timeline.

                      Yes, it's Daevid and Kevin.

                    • Michael Feathers
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 1 12:42 PM
                        CuneiWay@... wrote:

                        > Michael
                        >
                        > > Steve, does it seem like it gives good coverage of their classic line up
                        > > period? The cover looks like it it might be David Allen and Kevin
                        > > Ayers.
                        > >

                        > It covers everything. That was was the most interesting thing about it.
                        > Treats it all as a continuous thing as it chugs down the timeline.
                        >
                        > Yes, it's Daevid and Kevin.

                        Very cool to hear. Thanks for the info.

                        Michael
                      • Michael Feathers
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 1 3:23 PM
                          I just got this one. I can't believe I put it off for so long. Very
                          good!!!
                        • Michael Anton Parker
                          Message 12 of 12 , Aug 1 6:44 PM
                            [MichaelF] I just got this one. I can't believe I put it off for so
                            long. Very
                            good!!!

                            [MikeP] It's very good for me too, but doesn't go that next step for
                            me. I bought it the minute it was released and played it a few times,
                            but I was disappointed by the very straightahead generic rock rhythms,
                            lacking any of the rhythmic intrigue of the best work by Didkovsky or
                            Hopper. It hasn't appeared in my stereo since, making it a purchase I
                            had mixed feelings about. As much as I admire both of them, I'd say
                            they're somewhat inconsistent. On the other hand, it's rich with
                            clever sonic details and it shreds and/or rocks, which is enough to
                            make it very good. To some extent I'd argue they fell into the trap
                            of studio cleverness at the expense of basic songwriting.

                            Mike Parker
                            SE Pennsylvania

                            np: Ian Carr _We'll Talk About it Later_

                            Die ganzen Zahlen hat der liebe Gott gemacht, alles andere ist
                            Menschenwerk. (Leopold Kronecker)