Slapp Happy question

  • bruce2ee
    Message 1 of 3 , May 30, 2005
      The record cover of Slapp Happy's first album with Virgin (1974),
      originally entitled "Slapp Happy" but later re-titled "Casablanca
      Moon" has a picture of the three of them sitting in chairs. I've
      always assumed that (from left to right) it is Anthony Moore, Dagmar
      Krause and Peter Blegvad. But I read somewhere that it is actually
      Peter Blegvad, Dagmar Krause and Anthony Moore. Can anyone confirm or
      deny this?

      "Casablanca Moon", as all Slapp Happy aficionados know, was a
      re-recording of what they had recorded with Faust in 1973 for Polydor
      Germany, but which Polydor never released. The original recording
      (with Faust) was later released by Recommended Records in 1980 as
      "Acnalbasac Noom" ("Casablanca Moon" reversed).

      Thanks
      Bruce
    • Rev. Dr. Jack S. Porcello
      Message 2 of 3 , May 31, 2005
        At 01:49 AM 5/31/2005, you wrote:
        >But I read somewhere that it is actually Peter Blegvad, Dagmar Krause and Anthony Moore. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

        Peter is definitely the Bohemian looking character with the long hair and beard on the left.

      • luminousbiped
        Message 3 of 3 , May 31, 2005
          Definitely Blegvad on the left... a different picture that clearly
          shows his height difference yet matches the hair can be found below
          the writeup on the album at:

          http://www2.odn.ne.jp/airstructures/review%20slapp%20happy.html

          Andy