Re: [avant-progressive] Re: Norma Tanega

  • The Lighthouse Keeper
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2000
      At 01:55 PM 11/4/00 -0500, you wrote:
      >Peter wrote:
      >
      > >Is the Norma Tanega that plays with Mike Henderson on the "Hybrid
      >Vigor">album (excellent Tibbetts-like world-acoustic) the same Norma Tanega
      >that
      > >had the hit song "Walkin' my cat named dog"" back in the 1960's ???
      >
      >I asked Chuck Oken [Djam Karet].
      >
      >"One and the Same!
      >
      >The Norma folk child from the 60's is now a multi-world percussionist."
      >
      >MY question is: I never heard "Walkin' My Cat Named Dog" - what's it about?

      Thanks for the research, Steve!

      It was just sort of a late sixties hippie-rock pop single, it got lots of
      AM airplay for a while, not sure how high on the charts. When I got hybrid
      Vigor I knew I recognized her name from somewhere, but couldn't place it.
      Last night my daughter was listening to some oldies station and they played
      that song and annouced it, that's when the light came on - but I was
      doubtful, that was a *long* time ago! That's why I asked.

      Peter Thelen "Exploring The Boundaries of Rock"
      Exposé
      ptlk@...
      http://www.expose.org