Re: [avant-progressive] the new Hatfield & the North CD

  • Jean-Henry Berevoescu
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 31, 2005
      It seems that it is only available at The Burning Shed for now,
      here is the link:

      http://www.burningshed.com/index.asp?page=artist&collection=66

      I preordered mine at the beginning of last December and I just got
      the confirmation that my order was shipped a few days ago.

      The details on the site are:

      TracksFeatures selections from live concert tapes and four BBC Radio 1
      John Peel shows recorded 1973-1974. Unreleased tracks include/
      Hattitude, Strand on the Green, Dave Intro, Son Of Plate Smashing Dog,
      Blane Over Paris, Laundry Soup, Effing Mad Aincha/ and many more.
      A rare 1973 studio demo, made prior to recording the first album,
      is also included as a bonus track.

      Jean

      earl rapp wrote:

      >Hello :
      >
      >I'm very interested in the new H8tN CD,
      >does anyone know what vendor has it in stock ?
      >
      >thanks :
      >Earl

    • PIERRE
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 1, 2005
        On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:27:31 -0500
        earl rapp <earl.rapp@...> wrote:

        > Hello :
        >
        > I'm very interested in the new H8tN CD,
        > does anyone know what vendor has it in stock ?
        >
        > thanks :
        > Earl

        Hi Earl,

        It seems that the only distribution right now is:

        http://www.burningshed.com/index.asp?page=hatfield

        Pierre
      • PIERRE
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 1, 2005
          On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:38:57 -0500
          Michael Feathers <mfeathers@...> wrote:

          > At the very least, does anyone have a track list?

          What I heard (+ what you can read at Burning Shed about
          the BBC 1st generation tracks ....) is that there are
          following unissued tracks: Hattitude, Strand On The Green,
          Dave intro, Son of Plate Smashing Dog, Blane Over Paris,
          Laundry Soup, Effing Mad Aincha, etc.... + one unreleased
          track recorded BEFORE their first album. Furthermore, this
          is the 1st volume of a series, which probably means they
          have more waiting.

          Pierre
        • cuneiway
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 1, 2005
            Pierre wrote

            > It seems that the only distribution right now is:
            > http://www.burningshed.com/index.asp?page=hatfield

            Pierre is correct. The band and the label specifically set it up so
            that - at least initially - you have to buy it from Burning Shed
            only; they will not take wholesale orders from others.

            You can guess what I thought of this set up.

            Steve
          • Jean-Henry Berevoescu
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 1, 2005
              Hi,
              I got it today.
              Here is the complete track list:

              Hatfield and the North - "Hatwise Choice"
              ("Archive recordings 1973-19975, Volume 1")

              1. Absolutely Wholesome
              2. La Barbe est La Barbe
              3. Sober Song
              4. Hattitude
              5. Strand on the Green
              6. Hotel Luna
              7. The Lonely Bubbling Song
              8. Stay Jung and Beautiful
              9. Dave Intro
              10. Take Your Pick
              11. Son of Plate Smashing Dog
              12. Thanks Mont!
              13. Amsterdamage 11/19
              14. May The Farce Be With You
              15. Finesse is for Fairies
              16. Ethanol Nurse
              17. Writhing and Grimacing
              18. For Robert
              19. Blane over Paris
              20. Laundry Soup
              21. Effing Mad Aincha
              22. Top Gear Commercial
              23. K Licks (Bonus Track)

              Extracts from BBC Radio 1 sessions:
              Trs. 15-17: Sounds of the '70s (January 22nd 1973)
              Tr. 18: Top Gear (July 24th 1973)
              Trs. 2-3, 20, 22: Top Gear (March 19th 1974)
              Trs. 1, 4-8: John Peel Show (November 21st 1974)

              Live Tapes:
              Trs. 9-10: London (March 1975)
              Trs. 11-12: Emmen (March 29th 1974)
              Tr. 13: Amsterdam (June 1974)
              Trs. 14, 19: Paris (September 21st 1973)
              Tr. 21: Rotterdam (April 5th 1973)

              Studio Track:
              Tr. 23: Demo, prior to recording first album (circa summer 1973)

              Jean

              Jean-Henry Berevoescu wrote:

              >It seems that it is only available at The Burning Shed for now,
              >here is the link:
              >
              >http://www.burningshed.com/index.asp?page=artist&collection=66
              >
              >I preordered mine at the beginning of last December and I just got
              >the confirmation that my order was shipped a few days ago.
              >
              >The details on the site are:

              >TracksFeatures selections from live concert tapes and four BBC Radio 1
              >John Peel shows recorded 1973-1974. Unreleased tracks include/
              >Hattitude, Strand on the Green, Dave Intro, Son Of Plate Smashing Dog,
              >Blane Over Paris, Laundry Soup, Effing Mad Aincha/ and many more.
              >A rare 1973 studio demo, made prior to recording the first album,
              >is also included as a bonus track.
              >
              >Jean
              >

              >earl rapp wrote:
              >

              >>Hello :
              >>
              >>I'm very interested in the new H8tN CD,
              >>does anyone know what vendor has it in stock ?
              >>
              >>thanks :
              >>Earl

            • Michael Feathers
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 1, 2005
                Wot? No live version of Mumps?! They have some nerve!

                How's the sound quality?

                > Hi,
                > I got it today.
                > Here is the complete track list:
                >
                > Hatfield and the North - "Hatwise Choice"
                > ("Archive recordings 1973-19975, Volume 1")
                >
                > 1. Absolutely Wholesome
                > 2. La Barbe est La Barbe
                > 3. Sober Song
                > 4. Hattitude
                > 5. Strand on the Green
                > 6. Hotel Luna
                > 7. The Lonely Bubbling Song
                > 8. Stay Jung and Beautiful
                > 9. Dave Intro
                > 10. Take Your Pick
                > 11. Son of Plate Smashing Dog
                > 12. Thanks Mont!
                > 13. Amsterdamage 11/19
                > 14. May The Farce Be With You
                > 15. Finesse is for Fairies
                > 16. Ethanol Nurse
                > 17. Writhing and Grimacing
                > 18. For Robert
                > 19. Blane over Paris
                > 20. Laundry Soup
                > 21. Effing Mad Aincha
                > 22. Top Gear Commercial
                > 23. K Licks (Bonus Track)
                >
                > Extracts from BBC Radio 1 sessions:
                > Trs. 15-17: Sounds of the '70s (January 22nd 1973)
                > Tr. 18: Top Gear (July 24th 1973)
                > Trs. 2-3, 20, 22: Top Gear (March 19th 1974)
                > Trs. 1, 4-8: John Peel Show (November 21st 1974)
                >
                > Live Tapes:
                > Trs. 9-10: London (March 1975)
                > Trs. 11-12: Emmen (March 29th 1974)
                > Tr. 13: Amsterdam (June 1974)
                > Trs. 14, 19: Paris (September 21st 1973)
                > Tr. 21: Rotterdam (April 5th 1973)
                >
                > Studio Track:
                > Tr. 23: Demo, prior to recording first album (circa summer 1973)
                >
                > Jean
                >

                > Jean-Henry Berevoescu wrote:
                >
                >> It seems that it is only available at The Burning Shed for now,
                >> here is the link:
                >>
                >> http://www.burningshed.com/index.asp?page=artist&collection=66
                >>
                >> I preordered mine at the beginning of last December and I just got
                >> the confirmation that my order was shipped a few days ago.
                >>
                >> The details on the site are:

                >> TracksFeatures selections from live concert tapes and four BBC Radio 1
                >> John Peel shows recorded 1973-1974. Unreleased tracks include/
                >> Hattitude, Strand on the Green, Dave Intro, Son Of Plate Smashing Dog,
                >> Blane Over Paris, Laundry Soup, Effing Mad Aincha/ and many more.
                >> A rare 1973 studio demo, made prior to recording the first album,
                >> is also included as a bonus track.
                >>
                >> Jean
                >>

                >> earl rapp wrote:
                >>

                >>> Hello :
                >>>
                >>> I'm very interested in the new H8tN CD,
                >>> does anyone know what vendor has it in stock ?
                >>>
                >>> thanks :
                >>> Earl

              • Jean-Henry Berevoescu
                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 1, 2005
                  I love that one too, but no, not on this volume (my guess
                  is that some sequels of this Volume. 1 are to be expected
                  to follow).
                  The sound quality for the studio recordings is great, indeed
                  and the concert bits are fair to good. I only rolled it once,
                  just wait to do some more loops and I'll be able to bring in
                  more details.

                  Jean

                • earl rapp
                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 1, 2005
                    Hi :

                    MF replied:

                    > Wot? No live version of Mumps?!

                    yeah !!! exactly, I was wondering the same thing

                    > They have some nerve!

                    the gall THEE Audacity LOL !

                    Earl
                  • pautonnier olivier
                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 1, 2005
                      Hello

                      Is the sound quality good?

                      Olpa
                    • Agcdser@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 2, 2005
                        Burning Shed are the ONLY place in the world selling this CD.
                        They have an exclusive on it for three months - I know, because I wanted to
                        sell it here at CD Services, since I was in dialogue with Pip Pyle when it was
                        being put together, but Dave Stewart called me and said that because Burning
                        Shed offered them a great deal both in terms of ease and finance and security,
                        that they opted to go with them for the duration. So, off to Burning Shed you
                        all go - unless you fancy waiting three months, when, no doubt, ourselves and
                        Wayside would be happy to oblige you.
                        Andy Garibaldi

                        > Hello :
                        >
                        > I'm very interested in the new H8tN CD,
                        > does anyone know what vendor has it in stock ?

                        At the very least, does anyone have a track list?

                      • Zero the Hero
                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 2, 2005
                          On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 Agcdser@... wrote:
                          > Burning Shed are the ONLY place in the world selling this CD.
                          > They have an exclusive on it for three months

                          Gagghh! Three months vs. $25, what a choice :-/

                          --
                          Jason Ellerbee - jeller@...
                          DREAMS WIDE AWAKE radio show - http://www.DreamsWideAwake.tk/
                          Message 12 of 15 , Feb 2, 2005
                            Hello !.

                            Jason E wrote: Gagghh! Three months vs. $25, what a choice :-/
                            -- friends, see our position: 1 pound is $1.83 more or less; $1.00 = 465.00 colones ( an everyday it increases ), so, for us down here, is more expensive !!.
                            Definetely, I�ll wait for Wayside, Laser Edge, The Artist Shop or any other vendor to see if there�ll be a special price for us in this part of the World, I think they have to, don�t you think ?

                            All the best,
                            T.C.

                            e.e.: Vox Tempus / In the Eye of Time.