Re: [avant-progressive] the new Hatfield & the North CD

  • Jean-Henry Berevoescu
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 31, 2005
      It seems that it is only available at The Burning Shed for now,
      here is the link:

      http://www.burningshed.com/index.asp?page=artist&collection=66

      I preordered mine at the beginning of last December and I just got
      the confirmation that my order was shipped a few days ago.

      The details on the site are:

      TracksFeatures selections from live concert tapes and four BBC Radio 1
      John Peel shows recorded 1973-1974. Unreleased tracks include/
      Hattitude, Strand on the Green, Dave Intro, Son Of Plate Smashing Dog,
      Blane Over Paris, Laundry Soup, Effing Mad Aincha/ and many more.
      A rare 1973 studio demo, made prior to recording the first album,
      is also included as a bonus track.

      Jean

      earl rapp wrote:

      >Hello :
      >
      >I'm very interested in the new H8tN CD,
      >does anyone know what vendor has it in stock ?
      >
      >thanks :
      >Earl

    • Tomas Casanova
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 31, 2005
        Hi, right now:

        "Udi Koomran"
        GOT IT TODAY!!!!

        T.C.

        n.p.: Chano Dom�nguez/Piano Solo--- ex-Cai�s keyboard man, a mix of jazz and flamenco, GREAT !!

        Michael Feathers <mfeathers@...> wrote:
        earl rapp wrote:

        > Hello :
        >
        > I'm very interested in the new H8tN CD,
        > does anyone know what vendor has it in stock ?

        At the very least, does anyone have a track list?

        Subscribe: avant-progressive-subscribe@...

      • PIERRE
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 1 2:36 AM
          On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:27:31 -0500
          earl rapp <earl.rapp@...> wrote:

          > Hello :
          >
          > I'm very interested in the new H8tN CD,
          > does anyone know what vendor has it in stock ?
          >
          > thanks :
          > Earl

          Hi Earl,

          It seems that the only distribution right now is:

          http://www.burningshed.com/index.asp?page=hatfield

          Pierre
        • PIERRE
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 1 2:43 AM
            On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:38:57 -0500
            Michael Feathers <mfeathers@...> wrote:

            > At the very least, does anyone have a track list?

            What I heard (+ what you can read at Burning Shed about
            the BBC 1st generation tracks ....) is that there are
            following unissued tracks: Hattitude, Strand On The Green,
            Dave intro, Son of Plate Smashing Dog, Blane Over Paris,
            Laundry Soup, Effing Mad Aincha, etc.... + one unreleased
            track recorded BEFORE their first album. Furthermore, this
            is the 1st volume of a series, which probably means they
            have more waiting.

            Pierre
          • cuneiway
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 1 6:34 AM
              Pierre wrote

              > It seems that the only distribution right now is:
              > http://www.burningshed.com/index.asp?page=hatfield

              Pierre is correct. The band and the label specifically set it up so
              that - at least initially - you have to buy it from Burning Shed
              only; they will not take wholesale orders from others.

              You can guess what I thought of this set up.

              Steve
            • Jean-Henry Berevoescu
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 1 2:52 PM
                Hi,
                I got it today.
                Here is the complete track list:

                Hatfield and the North - "Hatwise Choice"
                ("Archive recordings 1973-19975, Volume 1")

                1. Absolutely Wholesome
                2. La Barbe est La Barbe
                3. Sober Song
                4. Hattitude
                5. Strand on the Green
                6. Hotel Luna
                7. The Lonely Bubbling Song
                8. Stay Jung and Beautiful
                9. Dave Intro
                10. Take Your Pick
                11. Son of Plate Smashing Dog
                12. Thanks Mont!
                13. Amsterdamage 11/19
                14. May The Farce Be With You
                15. Finesse is for Fairies
                16. Ethanol Nurse
                17. Writhing and Grimacing
                18. For Robert
                19. Blane over Paris
                20. Laundry Soup
                21. Effing Mad Aincha
                22. Top Gear Commercial
                23. K Licks (Bonus Track)

                Extracts from BBC Radio 1 sessions:
                Trs. 15-17: Sounds of the '70s (January 22nd 1973)
                Tr. 18: Top Gear (July 24th 1973)
                Trs. 2-3, 20, 22: Top Gear (March 19th 1974)
                Trs. 1, 4-8: John Peel Show (November 21st 1974)

                Live Tapes:
                Trs. 9-10: London (March 1975)
                Trs. 11-12: Emmen (March 29th 1974)
                Tr. 13: Amsterdam (June 1974)
                Trs. 14, 19: Paris (September 21st 1973)
                Tr. 21: Rotterdam (April 5th 1973)

                Studio Track:
                Tr. 23: Demo, prior to recording first album (circa summer 1973)

                Jean

                Jean-Henry Berevoescu wrote:

                >It seems that it is only available at The Burning Shed for now,
                >here is the link:
                >
                >http://www.burningshed.com/index.asp?page=artist&collection=66
                >
                >I preordered mine at the beginning of last December and I just got
                >the confirmation that my order was shipped a few days ago.
                >
                >The details on the site are:

                >TracksFeatures selections from live concert tapes and four BBC Radio 1
                >John Peel shows recorded 1973-1974. Unreleased tracks include/
                >Hattitude, Strand on the Green, Dave Intro, Son Of Plate Smashing Dog,
                >Blane Over Paris, Laundry Soup, Effing Mad Aincha/ and many more.
                >A rare 1973 studio demo, made prior to recording the first album,
                >is also included as a bonus track.
                >
                >Jean
                >

                >earl rapp wrote:
                >

                >>Hello :
                >>
                >>I'm very interested in the new H8tN CD,
                >>does anyone know what vendor has it in stock ?
                >>
                >>thanks :
                >>Earl

              • Michael Feathers
                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 1 3:12 PM
                  Wot? No live version of Mumps?! They have some nerve!

                  How's the sound quality?

                  > Hi,
                  > I got it today.
                  > Here is the complete track list:
                  >
                  > Hatfield and the North - "Hatwise Choice"
                  > ("Archive recordings 1973-19975, Volume 1")
                  >
                  > 1. Absolutely Wholesome
                  > 2. La Barbe est La Barbe
                  > 3. Sober Song
                  > 4. Hattitude
                  > 5. Strand on the Green
                  > 6. Hotel Luna
                  > 7. The Lonely Bubbling Song
                  > 8. Stay Jung and Beautiful
                  > 9. Dave Intro
                  > 10. Take Your Pick
                  > 11. Son of Plate Smashing Dog
                  > 12. Thanks Mont!
                  > 13. Amsterdamage 11/19
                  > 14. May The Farce Be With You
                  > 15. Finesse is for Fairies
                  > 16. Ethanol Nurse
                  > 17. Writhing and Grimacing
                  > 18. For Robert
                  > 19. Blane over Paris
                  > 20. Laundry Soup
                  > 21. Effing Mad Aincha
                  > 22. Top Gear Commercial
                  > 23. K Licks (Bonus Track)
                  >
                  > Extracts from BBC Radio 1 sessions:
                  > Trs. 15-17: Sounds of the '70s (January 22nd 1973)
                  > Tr. 18: Top Gear (July 24th 1973)
                  > Trs. 2-3, 20, 22: Top Gear (March 19th 1974)
                  > Trs. 1, 4-8: John Peel Show (November 21st 1974)
                  >
                  > Live Tapes:
                  > Trs. 9-10: London (March 1975)
                  > Trs. 11-12: Emmen (March 29th 1974)
                  > Tr. 13: Amsterdam (June 1974)
                  > Trs. 14, 19: Paris (September 21st 1973)
                  > Tr. 21: Rotterdam (April 5th 1973)
                  >
                  > Studio Track:
                  > Tr. 23: Demo, prior to recording first album (circa summer 1973)
                  >
                  > Jean
                  >

                  > Jean-Henry Berevoescu wrote:
                  >
                  >> It seems that it is only available at The Burning Shed for now,
                  >> here is the link:
                  >>
                  >> http://www.burningshed.com/index.asp?page=artist&collection=66
                  >>
                  >> I preordered mine at the beginning of last December and I just got
                  >> the confirmation that my order was shipped a few days ago.
                  >>
                  >> The details on the site are:

                  >> TracksFeatures selections from live concert tapes and four BBC Radio 1
                  >> John Peel shows recorded 1973-1974. Unreleased tracks include/
                  >> Hattitude, Strand on the Green, Dave Intro, Son Of Plate Smashing Dog,
                  >> Blane Over Paris, Laundry Soup, Effing Mad Aincha/ and many more.
                  >> A rare 1973 studio demo, made prior to recording the first album,
                  >> is also included as a bonus track.
                  >>
                  >> Jean
                  >>

                  >> earl rapp wrote:
                  >>

                  >>> Hello :
                  >>>
                  >>> I'm very interested in the new H8tN CD,
                  >>> does anyone know what vendor has it in stock ?
                  >>>
                  >>> thanks :
                  >>> Earl

                • Jean-Henry Berevoescu
                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 1 3:17 PM
                    I love that one too, but no, not on this volume (my guess
                    is that some sequels of this Volume. 1 are to be expected
                    to follow).
                    The sound quality for the studio recordings is great, indeed
                    and the concert bits are fair to good. I only rolled it once,
                    just wait to do some more loops and I'll be able to bring in
                    more details.

                    Jean

                  • earl rapp
                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 1 3:21 PM
                      Hi :

                      MF replied:

                      > Wot? No live version of Mumps?!

                      yeah !!! exactly, I was wondering the same thing

                      > They have some nerve!

                      the gall THEE Audacity LOL !

                      Earl
                    • pautonnier olivier
                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 1 11:54 PM
                        Hello

                        Is the sound quality good?

                        Olpa
                      • Agcdser@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 2 8:28 AM
                          Burning Shed are the ONLY place in the world selling this CD.
                          They have an exclusive on it for three months - I know, because I wanted to
                          sell it here at CD Services, since I was in dialogue with Pip Pyle when it was
                          being put together, but Dave Stewart called me and said that because Burning
                          Shed offered them a great deal both in terms of ease and finance and security,
                          that they opted to go with them for the duration. So, off to Burning Shed you
                          all go - unless you fancy waiting three months, when, no doubt, ourselves and
                          Wayside would be happy to oblige you.
                          Andy Garibaldi

                          > Hello :
                          >
                          > I'm very interested in the new H8tN CD,
                          > does anyone know what vendor has it in stock ?

                          At the very least, does anyone have a track list?

                        • Zero the Hero
                          Message 12 of 15 , Feb 2 11:20 AM
                            On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 Agcdser@... wrote:
                            > Burning Shed are the ONLY place in the world selling this CD.
                            > They have an exclusive on it for three months

                            Gagghh! Three months vs. $25, what a choice :-/

                            --
                            Jason Ellerbee - jeller@...
                            DREAMS WIDE AWAKE radio show - http://www.DreamsWideAwake.tk/
                            Message 13 of 15 , Feb 2 1:22 PM
                              Hello !.

                              Jason E wrote: Gagghh! Three months vs. $25, what a choice :-/
                              -- friends, see our position: 1 pound is $1.83 more or less; $1.00 = 465.00 colones ( an everyday it increases ), so, for us down here, is more expensive !!.
                              Definetely, I�ll wait for Wayside, Laser Edge, The Artist Shop or any other vendor to see if there�ll be a special price for us in this part of the World, I think they have to, don�t you think ?

                              All the best,
                              T.C.

                              e.e.: Vox Tempus / In the Eye of Time.