Raymond Boni

  • Scott Steele
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2004
      >This disc popped out at me because I'm a huge fan of Boni's many
      recordings with Joe McPhee (all of them are incredible and highly
      recommended!!), but I've never heard Boni in any other context, with the
      exception of one piece on the wonderful Grand Louadzak "Bassma Suite"
      disc on Emouvance, but that's just him playing very nice guitar in a
      very nice avant-jazz piece, nothing really mind-blowing or essential.

      He's mind-blowing and essential when he played in Steve Lacy's band. -
      S.

      np: Von and Chico Freeman, Iridium, NYC May 15 2002