A for Art Sake sampler help-wanted.

  • Tomas Casanova
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 30, 2004
      Hi group !.
      For Art Sake sampler is from 1992 but the first time with me, there�s no information about the artists or soloits in the booklet, does anyone have any clue or information of at least one of the artists involve in this project ?!.

      - SadHappy.
      - Epiffanie.
      - Terry Palmer.
      - Keturah.
      - System Seven.
      - Jam Camp.
      - Ministry of Love.
      - Astoria.
      - Jeff Bear.
      - Karl Welty.

      I only find this :
      - about the cd: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/beyondrock
      - about Jam Camp: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/jamcamp

      Thanks in advance,
      T.C.

      N.P.: What�s new in Baltimore? / A compilation of Baltimore�s best Progressive Rock !!

    • The Lighthouse Keeper
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 30, 2004
        At 07:19 PM 7/30/2004 -0700, you wrote:
        > For Art Sake sampler is from 1992 but the first time with me, there´s no
        > information about the artists or soloits in the booklet, does anyone have
        > any clue or information of at least one of the artists involve in this
        > project ?!.
        >
        >- SadHappy.

        Have about 4 CDs out, some with Michael manring on bass

        >- Epiffanie.

        Broke up before they ever put out a CD. Good song tho...

        >- Terry Palmer.

        Dunno

        >- Keturah.

        Similar story to epiffanie

        >- System Seven.

        Had an full length CD called "Perspectives" from around the time of the
        Art's sake sampler

        >- Jam Camp.

        Still going

        >- Ministry of Love.

        Put out a couple decent demo tapes, then disappeared. I think some of the
        members went to other Seattle area bands

        >- Astoria.

        At least one demo tape (maybe more), then disappeared. No CD releases

        >- Jeff Bear.
        >- Karl Welty.

        No idea

        Peter Thelen "Exploring The Boundaries of Rock"
        Exposé
        ptlk@...
        http://www.expose.org

      • Tomas Casanova
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 31, 2004
          Hi Grupo !!.

          Thanks Peter for the information, I really aprecciate it !!.

          My favorites are:
          - Sadhappy: I�m going to check if I could find their records: last year M.Manring came down here (Costa Rica ) and played 4 shows: JUST AMAZING !!, there he was alone with his differents basses and..., that was it !!.
          I have to tell you that he really impressed me not only as the "out of this world" musician but as the great-kindness person he is. After that shows, 1 or 2 month later, he got married and spend their "honeymoon" here in Monteverde, Guancaste, C.R.
          I remenber that we talked about Michael Hedges instead of Patitucci :
          "I really miss him (M.Hedges)..." was one setence of him that I�LL never forget !!.

          - Epiffanie : same story, different artist !!!!

          - Terry Palmer: love his style of playing the guitar !!.

          - System Seven: //Had an full length CD called "Perspectives"//.
          -- Peter, how is it ? ---

          - Jam Camp: the ones that more intrigue myself !!.

          - Ministry of love: one question: this song is dedicated to the memory of Andy Wood, Mother Love Bone�s singer ?

          - Jeff Bear: really-really on rock, love his way of playing too, this guy really know how to blow your head !.

          - Karl Welty: sound to me as a Citizen Cain�s clone !!.

          All the best Peter, thanks again,
          Tom�s Casanova.

          n.p.: Conrad Schnitzler / CONtakt. !!!!.

          The Lighthouse Keeper <ptlk@...> wrote:At 07:19 PM 7/30/2004 -0700, you wrote:
          > For Art Sake sampler is from 1992 but the first time with me, there�s no
          > information about the artists or soloits in the booklet, does anyone have
          > any clue or information of at least one of the artists involve in this
          > project ?!.
          >
          >- SadHappy.

          Have about 4 CDs out, some with Michael manring on bass

          >- Epiffanie.

          Broke up before they ever put out a CD. Good song tho...

          >- Terry Palmer.

          Dunno

          >- Keturah.

          Similar story to epiffanie

          >- System Seven.

          Had an full length CD called "Perspectives" from around the time of the
          Art's sake sampler

          >- Jam Camp.

          Still going

          >- Ministry of Love.

          Put out a couple decent demo tapes, then disappeared. I think some of the
          members went to other Seattle area bands

          >- Astoria.

          At least one demo tape (maybe more), then disappeared. No CD releases

          >- Jeff Bear.
          >- Karl Welty.

          No idea

          Peter Thelen "Exploring The Boundaries of Rock"
          Expos�
          ptlk@...
          http://www.expose.org

          Subscribe: avant-progressive-subscribe@...

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        • Tomas Casanova
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 31, 2004
            Pardon friends !:

            I wrote:
            //I remenber that we talked about Michael Hedges instead of Patitucci ://, no-no-no, about his menthor: Jaco-Pastorius !., just for the records... .

            Best regards,
            T.C.

            n.p.: John Coltrane / The J.C. Quartet Plays :-) !!!!!!

            Tomas Casanova <tfcc2003@...> wrote:
            Hi Grupo !!.

            Thanks Peter for the information, I really aprecciate it !!.

            My favorites are:
            - Sadhappy: I�m going to check if I could find their records: last year M.Manring came down here (Costa Rica ) and played 4 shows: JUST AMAZING !!, there he was alone with his differents basses and..., that was it !!.
            I have to tell you that he really impressed me not only as the "out of this world" musician but as the great-kindness person he is. After that shows, 1 or 2 month later, he got married and spend their "honeymoon" here in Monteverde, Guancaste, C.R.
            I remenber that we talked about Michael Hedges instead of Patitucci :
            "I really miss him (M.Hedges)..." was one setence of him that I�LL never forget !!.

            - Epiffanie : same story, different artist !!!!

            - Terry Palmer: love his style of playing the guitar !!.

            - System Seven: //Had an full length CD called "Perspectives"//.
            -- Peter, how is it ? ---

            - Jam Camp: the ones that more intrigue myself !!.

            - Ministry of love: one question: this song is dedicated to the memory of Andy Wood, Mother Love Bone�s singer ?

            - Jeff Bear: really-really on rock, love his way of playing too, this guy really know how to blow your head !.

            - Karl Welty: sound to me as a Citizen Cain�s clone !!.

            All the best Peter, thanks again,
            Tom�s Casanova.

            n.p.: Conrad Schnitzler / CONtakt. !!!!.

            The Lighthouse Keeper
            wrote:At 07:19 PM 7/30/2004 -0700, you wrote:
            > For Art Sake sampler is from 1992 but the first time with me, there�s no
            > information about the artists or soloits in the booklet, does anyone have
            > any clue or information of at least one of the artists involve in this
            > project ?!.
            >
            >- SadHappy.

            Have about 4 CDs out, some with Michael manring on bass

            >- Epiffanie.

            Broke up before they ever put out a CD. Good song tho...

            >- Terry Palmer.

            Dunno

            >- Keturah.

            Similar story to epiffanie

            >- System Seven.

            Had an full length CD called "Perspectives" from around the time of the
            Art's sake sampler

            >- Jam Camp.

            Still going

            >- Ministry of Love.

            Put out a couple decent demo tapes, then disappeared. I think some of the
            members went to other Seattle area bands

            >- Astoria.

            At least one demo tape (maybe more), then disappeared. No CD releases

            >- Jeff Bear.
            >- Karl Welty.

            No idea

            Peter Thelen "Exploring The Boundaries of Rock"
            Expos�
            ptlk@...
            http://www.expose.org

            Subscribe: avant-progressive-subscribe@...