Re: [avant-progressive] Re: trance music

  • greg manson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2000
      This discussion reminds me of the yarn about Jaki Leibezeit being shown some
      rhythms by a Haitian or Cuban bassplayer who then got his head chopped off
      by his voodoo buddies for giving away secrets of the trade. Whether said
      grooves ever were used by Can is not known (by me anyway)
      drgreg

    • Mathias Jonsson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2000
        The Popol Vuh album I have is a collection of their filmmusic, entitled "the
        best of Popol Vuh", featuring tracks from Werner Herzog�s "Aguirre",
        "Nosferatu" , "Fitzcarraldo" and "Cobra Verde". The track I found trance
        inducing (once) was probably a track from "Cobra Verde".
        Best regards

        Mathias J

        P.S. Chris Karrer made a solo album in 1994 called "Dervish Kiss" (I think)
        which is full of Dervish music. D.S.