Re: [avant-progressive] Re: messiaen recommendations

  • Kurt Rongey
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 6, 2004
      --- acousticlv@... wrote:
      > hi all you avant-progressive folk,
      > happy 2004
      >
      > ive been collecting messiaen for way too many years
      > and way too many
      > turanglilas,

      I cut my Turangalila teeth on the Salonen recording
      and am generally in agreement with your
      recommendations. Howwever, you didn't mention the
      super-inexpensive Naxos release of Turangalila,
      conducted by Antoni Wit. The 10th movement drags, but
      that shouldn't keep one away because most of it is
      really stunning.

      Kurt Rongey
      www.theundergroundrailroad.net
      D/FW area prog fans please attend Prog Night at the
      Ridglea 1/24 featuring the Underground Railroad and Minefield