Pinhas/Frohmader's unsung masterpiece

  • StoOdin101@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2003
      I just got around to giving the Pinhas/Frohmader collaboration FOSSIL CULTURE
      a spin, and it's fantastic! Like a modern take on INTERFACE/UN REVE style
      Heldon. No melodies to speak of, just sheets, floods and constellations of
      organised sound. I've heard that Pinhas disliked this release, which may explain why
      it's ended up in the $4 Cuneiform cutout pile. Maybe the Master's disdain was
      enough to keep the 517 Heldon fans worldwide* from buying the thing. Their
      loss. It's FAR superior to the "new Heldon's" first release, ONLY CHAOS IS REAL.
      No comparison.

      * I proudly count myself among that noble number. HAIL HELDON!!! "...and all
      that cal."

    • Mike Borella
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2004
        >Message: 7
        > Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 01:47:06 EST
        > From: StoOdin101@...
        >Subject: Pinhas/Frohmader's unsung masterpiece
        >
        >I just got around to giving the Pinhas/Frohmader collaboration FOSSIL CULTURE
        >a spin, and it's fantastic! Like a modern take on INTERFACE/UN REVE style
        >Heldon. No melodies to speak of, just sheets, floods and constellations of
        >organised sound. I've heard that Pinhas disliked this release, which may explain why
        >it's ended up in the $4 Cuneiform cutout pile. Maybe the Master's disdain was
        >enough to keep the 517 Heldon fans worldwide* from buying the thing. Their
        >loss. It's FAR superior to the "new Heldon's" first release, ONLY CHAOS IS REAL.
        >No comparison.

        I feel the same way - Fossil Culture was the best thing that Pinhas has
        done since classic Heldon IMO.

        --
        Mike Borella
        mike@...