7599Re: NEARfest (Alamaailman Vasarat?)

  • Dominique Leone
    Jul 3, 2003
      --- In avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com, "Mitchell Shannon Loe"
      <mitchloe@c...> wrote:
      > This sounds wonderful to me. I have a lot of interesting cello
      stuff,
      > but I've never heard of them. Does anyone else here know about
      them,
      > have recommendations and or sources for their stuff? Thanks--Mitch

      They're a Finnish band that play something like metal-folk (Fin folk,
      that is). Also some Klezmer influence in there. The band was formed
      by two former members of the band Hoyry-Kone, and they only have two
      records so far. Their website is http://www.vasarat.com/. I think I
      actually enjoy their softer stuff better, but they're a fun band.

      Dominique
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic