7400Re: [avant-progressive] Re: Speaking of ZNR

  • StoOdin101@aol.com
    Jun 1, 2003
      In a message dated 5/31/2003 3:31:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      dkerman@... writes:

      > Heck, if all else fails, put on some Satie.

      I don't have and haven't heard any ZNR, but I have a disc titled TRIO by a
      band called L'Ut de Classe, and the description of ZNR, as well as the Satie
      elements, sure brought it to mind.

      "How trite and feeble and conventional the tunes are (in the) Rhapsody in
      Blue; how sentimental and vapid the harmonic treatment, under its disguise of
      fussy and futile counterpoint! … Weep over the lifelessness of the melody and
      harmony, so derivative, so stale, so inexpressive! " -- Lawrence Gilman, New York
      Tribune, February 13, 1924