452Re: Merzbow?

  • Nudeants@aol.com
    Mar 1, 2000
      I may receive a lot of flack for this, but I really dig Merzbow. He's kind
      of Xenakis meets death metal. I find what he's doing to have an appealing
      logic or flow to it. He's automatist to a ceratin degree; I don't know
      specifically how he organises his shit but he seems to be consistenly
      successful with what it seems like he's trying to do. It's not everyday
      music for me, but, album for album, he's pretty varied within his chosen
      parameters. He's also a writer and studied art in school as well; he often
      does his own album covers.

      That album, Aqua NeuroMancer, was it?... That album is really interesting,
      definitely one of his more accessible albums. He works with Soft Machine
      samples as the basis for one 'tune', Soft Drums.

      Matt Mitchell
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic