26027New Amon Düül II, Il Balletto di Bronzo, Can, Re mastered Present, Live Henry Cow

  • Ian Beabout
    Jun 26, 2014
      Hello everyone!
      On this week's Deep Cuts (6/26), I've yet another eclectic playlist picked out for you!
      First off, I'll have some brand new music from Amon Düül II.  One of the originators of the Krautrock genre, Amon Düül II return in 2014 with a new album entitled Düülirium, which marks their first new release in 20 years. Dark and spacey, the new record sees the reunion of the classic Amon Düül II lineup for this special new release!
      Additionally, I'll be featuring some classic Rock Progressivo Italiano with Il Balletto di Bronzo and their seminal 1972 release, Ys. Ys is a dark, synth-heavy concept album following the story of the last man on earth and his final journey, before being tragically whisked away to the mythical island of Ys.  The album is a psychedelic trip full of doomy, grinding bass, and operatic vocals. An experience like none other!
      On this week's program, you can also expect a continuing tribute to the Canterbury scene in preparation for the upcoming Romantic Warriors III - Canterbury Tales documentary.  The Canterbury scene is known for its very English and psychedelic-tinged lyrical content, along with influences from jazz an popular music. Bands represented on this week's show include Khan and National Health. You can donate to the Romantic Warriors filmmakers here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/romantic-warriors-iii-canterbury-tales-3rd-film-of-the-progressive-music-saga.
      Also on the program, I'll be paying tribute to Krautrock legends Can and their highly influential Eye Bamyasi album.  A followup to the tremendously innovative doube Tago Mago (1971), Ege Bamyasi is slightly less radical, but perhaps more coherent statement from this legendary band that combines electronics, minimalism, and explosive avant garde freak outs!
      You can expect to hear some newly remastered Present.  A 1980's offshoot from RIO pioneers Univers Zero, Present combine the classical leanings of Univers Zero with a more rock edge (as in, guitar up front and lots of solos).  In addition to this, I'll also have some Gentle Giant, Stabat Akish, Galactic Cowboy Orchestra, Jean-Luc Ponty, and more!
      I'll top it off with a live tribute to the newly reformed Henry Cow who will be performing as part of the Music of Lindsay Cooper festival on November 21-22nd in London. To commemorate this reformation (who saw *that* coming?) I'll be playing a bit of their Concerts LP. More info -  http://serious.org.uk/lindsaycooper.
      Tune in this Thursday for all of this and more!
      Specializing in rare cuts by classic and modern bands, Prog Rock Deep Cuts is a forward thinking, live radio show that promises to match the obscure with the new and fresh. Intelligent, emotional, and visceral classic to modern progressive rock broadcasted live every Thursday from 7-10 pm EST on www.progrock.com.
      Stream live here: http://www.streamlicensing.com/play/player.php?sid=1855&stream_id=3143
      Chat link: http://www.progrock.com/chat.htm
      Stream Last Week's Show Here: http://www.mixcloud.com/progrockdeepcuts/prog-rock-deep-cuts-40/
      4-7 pm - US West Timezone (California)
      5-8 pm - US Mountain (Colorado)
      6-9 pm - US Central Standard
      7-10 pm - US Eastern Timezone (NYC, Florida)
      10 pm - 1 pm - Brazil
      11 pm - 2 am - UK
      1 am - 5 am - France, Italy, Netherlands, Egypt
      8 am - 12 am - Japan, Korea
      If you represent a band and are interested in submitting your music for consideration, please send a press kit to:
      Prog Rock Deep Cuts with Ian Beabout
      PO Box 6120
      Wheeling WV, 26003
      Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProgRockDeepCuts