25986Stream Deep Cuts #30 and United in Prog Now!

  • Ian Beabout
    Mar 30, 2014
      Hello everybody!

      The bad news first - there will be no Prog Rock Deep Cuts this week (April 3rd).

      However, the good news is, that you can now stream Deep Cuts episode 30 and my appearance on United in Prog with DJ Tony!

      On last week's Deep Cuts, we've had yet another eclectic playlist for you!

      First off, we featured new music from the legendary French prog band Clearlight. The new record, entitled Impressionist Symphony, combines the French impressionistic styles of Ravel, Satie and Debussy with progressive rock to create a completely fresh take on the prog genre.

      The record, out March 24th, features guest appearances by Gong's Steve Hillage, Tim Blake, Didier Malherbe, and The Muffins' Paul Sears, making for a all-star cast of players that add to the album's mysterious, dreamlike textures instead of calling attention to themselves.

      Additionally, we paid tribute to classic English proggers Gnidrolog (think Jethro Tull meets VdGG) and their intensely awesome debut, In Spite of Harry's Toenail, as well as some classic tracks from French Zeuhl-ites, Zao, The Muffins, Amon Duul II, and much, much more!

      Stream Deep Cuts 30 here: http://www.mixcloud.com/progrockdeepcuts/prog-rock-deep-cuts-30/

      Also, on Saturday, March 29th, I made a special guest appearance on United in Prog with DJ Tony, an internet radio show on houseofprog.com.

      Tony graciously allowed me to select over half of the setlist. My selections include tracks by Frank Zappa, Cardiacs, Gosta Berlings Saga, Diablo Swing Orchestra, Chrome Hoof, and more! I hope you can join us.

      Stream United in Prog with DJ Tony (featuring me as special guest) here: http://www.mixcloud.com/progrockdeepcuts/united-in-prog-with-dj-tony-ian-beabout-guest-spot/

      See you on April 10th!