25048Re: Update from Systems Theory regarding Greg Amov's health (final)

  • sdavmor
    Nov 4, 2009
      Good morning,

      it is with regret, but also relief, that I pass on that Systems
      Theory member Greg Amov died last night. It was very peaceful
      and quiet at the end, which was a relief after all the physical
      struggle of the last few weeks. It was clear to everyone around
      him during the afternoon that it would be sometime Tuesday, so
      his family convened to be with him.

      I do not yet know exactly what sort of memorial there will be,
      or when / where it will be held. But something appropriate to
      Greg's live and beliefs will be organized soon. I will pass on
      that information when I have it.

      Thanks to all that contacted the family through me to express
      hope, support, sympathy, wishes for a speeding passing, etc.
      That the various branches of the progressive music community
      had so many people (hundreds) that responded during this crisis
      meant a great a deal to Greg in his final days, and means a
      great deal to me personally.

      In the midst of the sadness of his passing, let me add a bright
      note. Last night I got access to Greg's pair of DAWs (named
      "Fripp" and "Eno"). Everything that I could have hoped to find
      musically was there. The masters for his two OOP CDs were there,
      plus several unreleased completed projects, some long-forgotten
      projects, and new tunes earmarked for both solo, Systems Theory
      and ViolinCyndee. So there will new music under his hame in the
      next year or so, as well as the re-release of "The Dark Within
      The Dark" and "Gecko Hightway".

      Gregory Michael Amov, b. Nov 6th 1959, d. Nov 3rd 2009. RIP
      --
      Regards, and thanks, SDM -- a 21st Century Schizoid Man
      Systems Theory music project: <www.systemstheory.net>