24977Re: Rotters Club on Esoteric question

  • palcontented1
    Oct 2, 2009
      The reissue drops the live versions of (Big) John Wayne and Chaos at the Greasy Spoon, which together total just over a minute and extends Halfway Between Heaven and Earth by 13 seconds. In my view the sound is considerably better, fuller, with greater depth and detail, making the band sound edgier, more robust, closer to the live sound displayed on Hatwise Choice and Hattitude.

      Lenny

      --- In avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com, Sean Terwilliger <seanter@...> wrote:

      > Hey all,
      >
      > I was looking at the tracklisting for the new issue... It looks like
      > there are a few less tracks. Is that true? Is the sound noticeably
      > better? Is there any reason (besides supporting the guys, and the label,
      > both of which are valid) to get this?
      >
      > Thanks
      > Sean

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic