24707Re: Advice Needed for Henry Cow box set

  • collinsray65
    Apr 3, 2009
      I'm surprised we are having this discussion about Dagmar at all! The very first song I heard her on was 'Some Questions About Hats' as a 13 year old. My pal had bought 'Desperate Straights' which came as a bit of a shock to us when all around us at school were listening to Sabbath, Purple, Genesis, Rush etc. I supposed we got chucked in at the deep end but that album was so wonderful, strange and unique - largely thanks to THAT voice. I was also lucky enough to see her with Henry Cow in 1977 in Nottingham. That is why the second part of the box set is so appealing. I saw them twice that year (by the second time, Dagmar had left...) and was aware that they performed some great music that never saw the light of day - until now. I also realised that most of this music wasn't to be found on 'Western Culture'...
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic