24485Re: Good bye Lars...

  • ronco008
    Jan 4, 2009
      Really terrible and sad news about Lars. I'm glad that I had the
      chance to meet him and hang out with him for a bit. I organized a
      concert for Samla Mammas Manna on August 28, 2003 at the Knitting
      Factory here in New York. Also on the bill was Doctor Nerve, and my
      band PAK. It was a great concert all 3 bands played their best that
      night and it was a packed house. All of Samla stayed at my place in
      Brooklyn, except Lars who stay with friends in Manhattan.

      Ron A.

      August 28 Knitting Factory - NY, NY (with Samla Mammas Manna,
      Doctor Nerve)

      --- In avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com, "palcontented1"
      <palcontented1@...> wrote:

      > --- In avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com, "alanterrill"
      > <alanterrill@> wrote:
      >
      > Thanks, I've been looking for something about him with a bit of
      > substance. I never met Lars, never saw him perform, but I've been a
      > fan for thirty years and his death hit me kind of hard. 60 is way too
      > young for such a vibrant spirit to depart. In retrospect, the tone of
      > Viandra has me wondering if he knew something about his condition.
      > There's more sustained melancholy on that disc than on any other
      > recording of his that I can recall.
      >
      > Lenny

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic