24476Re: Good bye Lars...

  • fastianed
    Jan 1, 2009
      --- In avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com, "Jean-Henry Berevoescu"
      <berevoescu@...> wrote:
      > I'm in a great pain: just heard the wonderful Lars Hollmer is not with
      > us anymore.
      > We were just talking about his music just a few days ago...
      > I will play only his music for the next few days...
      > Good bye dear Lars! You will be always in our hearts.
      > --bjh
      Hey all,
      I know I'm a little late on this one but Lars Hollmer's death did hit
      me hard. I hadn't known that he was ill. He was easily in the top 10
      of my favorite musicians and he was still cranking out fantastic music
      until very recently. You don't have to go back to the 70s to find a
      great Lars Hollmer record. I was first turned on to Lars with the
      Zamlaranamma album back in the early 80s. I had the great pleasure to
      see him in both Victoriaville (92) and Ann Arbor(06). Ann Arbor was
      amazing with a large ensemble and was one of the best concerts I've
      seen or will ever see. We were definitely robbed of a phenomenal
      talent that still had so much to give. I'll miss him greatly.
      John T
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic