21653Re: Is it okay to not care for/understand some music?

  • palcontented1
    Nov 2, 2006
      --- In avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com, CuneiWay@... wrote:
      Good point. Some improvisation almost needs to be experienced in the
      flesh, so to speak, to be appreciated. I've seen AMM a couple times
      (before Rowe left) and they were mesmerizing, but I don't often wish
      to sit down and listen to their recordings. Even though some of them
      are lovely, there is just something missing. I have the Slawterhaus cd
      on Victo. I was at the show where most of it was recorded. It was an
      amazing gig, but again the recording only captures part of what made
      it great.

      Lenny