20349Re: [avant-progressive] Pierre Henry - 10th Symphony of Beethoven (1986 philips CD, not the remix)

  • Cesar Montesano
    Jun 1, 2006
      If nothing else..

      "Remixe Sa Dixième Symphonie" PHILIPS (FRANCE)

      "'In 1979 I composed a symphony titled: "10th Symphony of Beethoven".
      On the basis of the Beethoven-symphony durations I ended to the my way,
      by a destructuration of the 9 symphonies. Not does not have a
      musicologic analysis of the characteristics and constants of the
      writing of Beethoven updated the trajectories, the possible links, the
      connections, the bridges of a symphony has the other. By the assembly
      and the mixtures I introduced times of resolution or of frustration, of
      prolongation or climate, cycles, repetitions and counterpoints per
      guns, finally, an approach similar has that of my works. The notes of
      Beethoven became concrete sounds; I did them my way. Beethoven always
      fascinated me because he invented melody-in-little-of-notes, very
      strong melody, as strong as a thunder clap, as a tidal wave, as a siren
      of fog. It has presented the dramatization of the sounds; in A carves
      the thickness. Today the 10th Symphony remix, it is the 10th Symphony
      with rhythms has me, current: a faster rhythmicity, with beats, fright
      electronic, flutters dephases, mobilities of filters, additions of
      frequencies, doublings of reverberation. Beethoven is amplified by
      depassment his orchestra, made more dramatic, more human. Today it is
      also the scenario of an imaginary film which is the frame of this "10th
      Symphony remix." Remix, for me, it is to strike, with wanted dynamics,
      a new radical sound speech. A new adventure meaning the current
      function of the type-setter in the company.' -- Pierre Henry. A curious
      addition to the Henry oeuvre, speculated by some as his personal
      attempt in cashing in on all of that Modulations screen-time through
      the addition of a certain 'Jackin'' (albeit a distant & foggy
      'Jackin'') to the mix. Really, really strange." -- Hrvatski."

      INTERVIEW w/ him regarding this work and other classical manipulations:
      http://www.sonicartsnetwork.org/ARTICLES/ARTICLE2000JOHNDACK.html

      Cesar

      NP: JEFFERSON AIRPLANE "Bark" USA 1971

      On Jun 1, 2006, at 10:37 AM, meidad wrote:

      Hey guys,

      For years I had a list of items i must add to my collection.
      I found them all, at least all these which are musts, I still have a
      list but those are nice to have not MUSTS.

      Only one item is missing, the 1986 Philips CD of the 10th symphony
      of Beethoven by Pierre Henry, not the black CD REMIX, the colored
      one. Of course i got a CDR and all is fine BUT i must find the
      original one to know that my list since 1991 end.

      When me and Mark visited a friend collector in France he asked me
      what CD i would like to see in his hugh collection, the only one i
      recalled was this one and Mark saw the excitment i had when he
      played it and i saw the CD in real life for the first and only
      time :)

      Anyway, what i am trying to say, this list might serve us collectors
      to fulfill dreams :)

      Please help me with this one, if you have it and you can live
      without it i will pay a lot or trade a lot. If you know someone who
      got it please help. If you see it in a second hand shop PLEASE get
      it for me.

      And Last, send your "dreams" to me, I might help each as well ;-)

      Meidad

      Subscribe: avant-progressive-subscribe@...

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic