18184Fabio Mentz and more from Brasil

  • Renato Moraes
    Nov 1, 2005
      Hi Steve D,

      I exchanged some e-mails with Fabio. He has no plans for a next CD so soon. They are trying/thinking to re-release this one as it is sold out. If you have a copy keep it.

      Similar music...... well not that similar, but if you like brazilian rhythms, I would try Hermeto Pascoal, Egberto Gismonti, Armazem (now renamed as Armazem Abapuru), Pe ante Pe. Check Wayside catalog, I am sure you will find some of them. I would go 1st for Hermeto Pascoal and Armazem, if Steve still has some of them, he has out of print stuff, because in Brasil some of these titles are over.

      Check Music by Mail catalog as well. Pierre ahs the most impressive session of brazilian music outside of Brasil (that I am aware). Try pau brasil. Pierre has some only available in Europe. La vem a Tribo is incredible, as well as Metropole Tropical. Their best 2 CDs, only available in Europe.

      Renato

      fiveknuckle147 <mekanik8@...> wrote:

      Currently nailed into my CD player - Fabio Mentz Quarteto - Cantigas.
      Wow! What a CD! Thank you Wayside (and whoever reviewed it), is there
      any more from him or anything in a very similar vein? It is simply
      addictive (Avant-Garde free CD)

      Subscribe: avant-progressive-subscribe@...

      Alternative music Pop rock Alternative rock music Pop rock music Rock bands