1222Re: [avant-progressive] Urgon & Gorgo

  • Sebastien Petit
    Aug 1, 2000
      Hello James,

      THis is the smallest track from BOBINO 1981 concert, on AKT.
      Great (and unique ?) 2CD worth-it album of the 1980's period of Magma, with strong fusion
      and even Motown influences (a la "Looove boaaat ! La la la la..."). ALmost unedited
      tracks, technically furious and sometimes very funny ! No comparison with "Merci" for
      example...Includes 30 minutes extract from unfinished Zess (3 hours long ?!?!),
      Retrovision (like in Retrospectiw III), Otis (Yep: a tribute to Otis Redding), Hhai (the
      craziest one), etc... Vander is half behind his drum, half singing.

      > In the record shop recently perusing the jazz section, saw a CD by the violin
      > player from Magma circa. Live (lockwood?) - he looked very, errrrr...mainstream
      > jazz/classical on the front cover, not that theres anyhting wrong with that, it
      > was just kinda funny knowing early in his career he was a member of cutting edge
      > underground black garbed jazz-rock ensemble.
      You'd better never even try to listen too much from Lockwood's albums...Every body is
      disapointed ! ONly one is "good", with half Magma: it's titled "Fusion".

      Cheers,

      Sébastien Petit
      (petit.sebastien@...)

      OPPOSITION DE PHASE:
      An avant-prog, creative and new musics radio show
      http://petit.sebastien.free.fr/menu.html

      Mail to:
      RCV / OPPOSITION DE PHASE
      41bis bvd Vauban