Thank you!

  • oceanrose56
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2009
      I was very sad visiting your shop for the last time (at least in this incarnation). I've closed a business before and understand the emotions and thoughts involved.

      I want to thank you. I came to Reno a year ago this month. I came broken down, horribly depressed, feeling utterly worthless, and dealing with my physical problems - at times barely able to walk. I had tried to help my daughter and that schmuck keep their children (my grandbabies) and totally destroyed my finances in the process - to the point that I had to live in my car for a bit. I have to say that was one of the worst experiences in my life. I judged myself a total failure (the babies were taken away) and living in the car, enduring the looks of people in McD's when I used their restroom in the morning, feeling so grungy because I hadn't had a shower. So I was a bit of a wreck when I found a small place here in Reno.

      I discovered Avalon's Gate just after they'd moved to their new location. The first time I went in, I felt a calm, welcoming, friendly energy that was like a balm on my wounded psyche. It was so wonderful, just talking with someone who shared a love for the Old Gods and Old Ways. And the pressure of a to-do list didn't stop you from spending a few minutes just talking with me. Hon, you have no idea just what a gift that was!

      I was never able to help your bottom line all that much, 'though I'm so glad for the few things I was able to buy. And I appreciate your working with me, holding the items until the bank delivered the check to you. :)

      Most importantly was the unmitigated kindness and welcome with which I was met anytime I popped in. Even if I was so mad I wanted to hang someone up by the ... never mind ... I knew I could stop by and y'all would let me kvetch and ground out that energy. Thank you so much.

      I know you offered your place as a meeting place for pagan groups. That, too, is a wonderful mark of generosity and hospitality. Our ancestors are proud of you, I'm sure.

      For all the little ways you blessed me, I thank you. For all the small kindnesses you showed me, I bless you. I raise you up in praise and thanks before Dadga and Danu. I ask Brigid to give you inspiration, to show you your next steps, and to help you bring the store into another physical incarnation, to help you keep the dream alive. I thank you from the bottom of my heart, and I send you my

      Blessings,

      Rose
    • avalonsgatekeeper
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2009
        Thank you for your kind words. It means a lot to me to know that our work made a difference.

        Samantha

        --- In avalonsgate@yahoogroups.com, "oceanrose56" <oceanrose56@...> wrote:

        > I was very sad visiting your shop for the last time (at least in this incarnation). I've closed a business before and understand the emotions and thoughts involved.
        >
        > I want to thank you. I came to Reno a year ago this month. I came broken down, horribly depressed, feeling utterly worthless, and dealing with my physical problems - at times barely able to walk. I had tried to help my daughter and that schmuck keep their children (my grandbabies) and totally destroyed my finances in the process - to the point that I had to live in my car for a bit. I have to say that was one of the worst experiences in my life. I judged myself a total failure (the babies were taken away) and living in the car, enduring the looks of people in McD's when I used their restroom in the morning, feeling so grungy because I hadn't had a shower. So I was a bit of a wreck when I found a small place here in Reno.
        >
        > I discovered Avalon's Gate just after they'd moved to their new location. The first time I went in, I felt a calm, welcoming, friendly energy that was like a balm on my wounded psyche. It was so wonderful, just talking with someone who shared a love for the Old Gods and Old Ways. And the pressure of a to-do list didn't stop you from spending a few minutes just talking with me. Hon, you have no idea just what a gift that was!
        >
        > I was never able to help your bottom line all that much, 'though I'm so glad for the few things I was able to buy. And I appreciate your working with me, holding the items until the bank delivered the check to you. :)
        >
        > Most importantly was the unmitigated kindness and welcome with which I was met anytime I popped in. Even if I was so mad I wanted to hang someone up by the ... never mind ... I knew I could stop by and y'all would let me kvetch and ground out that energy. Thank you so much.
        >
        > I know you offered your place as a meeting place for pagan groups. That, too, is a wonderful mark of generosity and hospitality. Our ancestors are proud of you, I'm sure.
        >
        > For all the little ways you blessed me, I thank you. For all the small kindnesses you showed me, I bless you. I raise you up in praise and thanks before Dadga and Danu. I ask Brigid to give you inspiration, to show you your next steps, and to help you bring the store into another physical incarnation, to help you keep the dream alive. I thank you from the bottom of my heart, and I send you my
        >
        > Blessings,
        >
        > Rose

      • Lady Bronwyn
        Message 3 of 5 , May 3, 2009
          What a beautiful testimony to you ladies and your store!

          Blessed Be!
          Bronwyn
          3* HPs
          Crystal Rose Coven
          V C Highlands, NV
          DBG Line: http://janus.spawnfar.net/dbgline.html

          "Be courteous to all,
          but intimate with few,
          and let those few be well tried
          before you give them your confidence."

                                     -- George Washington
                                        1732-1799

          On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 7:37 AM, oceanrose56 <oceanrose56@...> wrote:

[...]

        • Mystary
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 10, 2011
            I just wanted to thank everyone that participated in PPD and all those in attendance. Also, I must not forget those that volunteered their time to help plan the event. It was a beautiful day with wonderful people!

            Mystical Blessings,
            Kaylee aka Mystary

            "Those walking a positive spiritual path are all heading in the same direction. It's just that sometimes we take different routes. All those routes are worthy of honor and a safe space within which to experience the Sacred. May your path be free of rocks and potholes... "
            Patricia Telesco, Shaman in a 9 to 5 World

            Want to know what's going on in the local community? Join the community calendar at:
          • Gillian Boardman