VIRUS ALERT

  • Devra Vaughn
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 11, 2008
      IMPORTANT VIRUS INFO if you already received a notecard then disregard :P    .........Do not open any messages with an attachment file called "invitation" regardless of who sent it, it could be a virus that opens an Olympic Torch which "burns" the hard drive of your computer. If you receive e-mail called "invitation", though sent by a friend, do not open it and shut down your computer immediately. This is the worst virus according to CNN. Check it out at CNN. com

    • Ganymede
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 11, 2008
        This one is as old as the hills.

        See:

        http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/invitation.asp

        Perhaps the moderator could save us from these "Virus Alerts"  by establishing a policy to NOT send these to Group Lists.

        Thanks

        Ganymede

        Devra Vaughn wrote:

        IMPORTANT VIRUS INFO if you already received a notecard then disregard :P    .........Do not open any messages with an attachment file called "invitation" regardless of who sent it, it could be a virus that opens an Olympic Torch which "burns" the hard drive of your computer. If you receive e-mail called "invitation" , though sent by a friend, do not open it and shut down your computer immediately. This is the worst virus according to CNN. Check it out at CNN. com

      • devra2006
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 12, 2008
          I do apologize for any irriation I might of caused. I didnt know the
          alert was allready known about. My only concern was for my
          brethern/sisterhood here. Blessed Be.