Types

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2003
      I'm working on new parameter subsystem.
      However, changing are so big and widely.
      So I cannot commit any source code to the CVS repositry
      yet. This is bad thing.

      Before introducing the new parameter subsystem,
      I'd like to clean up autotrace source codes and commit
      the changes INCREMENTALLY.

      What I'd like to do first are:

      1. replacing at_* data type like at_bool with
      glib data type like gboolean.

      2. changing the way to pass data to/from function.
      Currently the data is passed by value.
      I'd like to change it to passing by pointer.

      current:
      at_data_type foo(at_data_type data);
      new:
      at_data_type * foo(at_data_type * data);

      3. changing function name scheme
      current:
      void action_namespace ();
      new:
      void namespace_action();

      e.g.
      current:
      new_distance_map_type ();
      new:
      distance_map_type-new();

      Is it ok?
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2003
        One more.

        How do you think changing directly structure like:

        autotrace/autotrace/*.[ch]: core part of autotrace
        autotrace/autotrace/input/*.[ch]: input-*.ch
        autotrace/autotrace/output/*.[ch]: output-*.ch
        autotrace/autotrace/preprocess/*.[ch]: filters like despeckle.[ch]
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2003
          > I'm working on new parameter subsystem.
          > However, changing are so big and widely.
          > So I cannot commit any source code to the CVS repositry
          > yet. This is bad thing.
          >
          > Before introducing the new parameter subsystem,
          > I'd like to clean up autotrace source codes and commit
          > the changes INCREMENTALLY.
          One more. I'd like to use GError instead of at_exception_type
          to handle the error inside codes.

          Masatake YAMATO
        • Autotrace
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2, 2003
            On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Masatake YAMATO wrote:

            > > the changes INCREMENTALLY.
            > One more. I'd like to use GError instead of at_exception_type
            > to handle the error inside codes.
            everything is OK. the only thing: keep the code thread-safe (only
            request, not a statement; there were no problems detected, but...).