Re: [AutoTrace] Project should build cleanly from CVS

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 10 3:43 PM
      > Thank you for reacting quickly. The project now
      > compiles from a clean checkout, which is nice.

      Thank you for your problem reports.
      For me, I cannot build autotrace which is checked out
      freshly from CVS:-P. I've found I took many mistakes
      in configure.in. I have to take long time to fix it.

      > > > That's it. I suggest leaving a default copy of
      > > > po/Makevars instead of the whole copying business.
      > >
      > > I don't have much knowledge about gettext. Could you
      > > do this?
      >
      > I know nothing about gettext. Would it be really bad
      > to just add a Makevars file to cvs?

      I don't know:-P. I'll inspect it in next week.

      Masatake YAMATO
    • Jakob Frandsen
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 10 11:19 PM
        > Thank you for your problem reports.
        > For me, I cannot build autotrace which is checked
        > out freshly from CVS:-P. I've found I took many
        > mistakes in configure.in. I have to take long time
        > fix it.

        I do

        1) ./autogen.sh
        2) cp po/Makevars.template po/Makevars
        3) ./configure
        4) make

        which works. I have an environment variable set which
        the HACKING file suggests. I also have a stock RH 7.3
        system.

        Regards,

        =====
        Jakob Frandsen

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 15 7:54 AM
          Just my idea memorandum
          typedef struct _at_animation_context {
          int frame_number;
          FILE * fp;
          output_handler_private_data_t data;
          } at_animation_context;

          typedef
          int (* at_animation_write_func) (at_animation_context * ctxt,
          at_splines_type * shape);

          struct at_animation_context *
          at_animation_context_new(FILE * fp, at_animation_write_func writer);

          void
          at_animation_write(at_animation_context * ctxt, at_splines_type * shape);

          void
          at_animation_context_free(at_animation_context * ctxt);

          int main () {
          ctxt = at_animation_context_new (...); /* File Open */
          while (...) {
          spline = at_splines_new ()
          at_animation_write(ctxt, spline);
          }
          ctxt = at_animation_context_free (...); /* File close */
          }